3.0 and Bluetooth GPS

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by simplyskate, Mar 23, 2009.

1. simplyskate

simplyskate New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hey guys,

Im wondering if anyone has tried getting a bluetooth gps module working with firmware 3.0?

I ask this because looking at the firmware system files, I have found that it has bluetooth support for gps devices; I-Blue GPS, Belkin GPS, Deluo GPS, and PalmOne GPS are supported. Therefore if anyone has installed the beta version of 3.0 and has one of these devices, try to pair them and see what happens.

Cheers.
  2. Nystrom jr

Nystrom jr New Member

I dont realy get it, are u going to ry bluetooth headsets and gps ore u wondering if u can use them in 3.0?
  3. Chakalaka

Chakalaka New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Headsets work!!!
  4. simplyskate

simplyskate New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I know headsets work, but I have found evidence to suggest that certain bluetooth GPS modules will work with the Ipod Touch/Iphone. However these devices might not actually give the Ipod GPS capabilities, their functionality may be limited to just route calls through their speakers, or to display caller ID etc.

I have no idea though, but we just need someone who has one of those GPS devices to test it with the beta 3.0 firmware.
  5. Exosion

Exosion Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    When you say looking at the firmware files, you act like your in the rootfs. How did you decrypt it and if you honestly did, please PM me the keys.
  6. simplyskate

simplyskate New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Okay it doesn't look like anyone has these GPS devices to test with the Ipod.

Possibly its like I said, they're only supported for displaying caller ID on the GPS screen, and for using it as a hands free device. Or maybe just maybe Apple are planning on adding the Serial Port Profile to the BlueMagic stack.
  7. sssbbb

sssbbb New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I tried to connect my GPS bluetooth device (Rikaline GPS-6033) with the 3.0 firmware but the iPod doesn't find it (I'm able to connect only with my Motorola S9 fone). No success with the car audio system also... iPod finds the car bluetooth system (Pioneer), but remains only one second connected.
  8. Chakalaka

Chakalaka New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    It is just a beta!
  9. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    To support external GPS devices, Core Location APIs need to do so, without them is useless. Theres other way... they might show up some devs that will make GPS accessory that will make app that will support it... but w/o only by this app
  10. Hello

Please Register or Log in to view images

I have a GPS device: activepilot Jentro Bt-GPS8

I tried to connect to my ipod tocuh 2G without success.
    It didnĀ“t show it in the device list.
    Then I installed the SerialGPS from Cydia.
    Same problem...

If anyone has an idea please tell us.
    Thank you very much....

greets
    c0deZero