2nd times a charm?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by krindy4, Aug 19, 2010.

1. krindy4

krindy4 New Member

Hello!

I had a 3rd generation iPod Touch and I jailbroke it with spirit. I didn't and still don't know anything about what to load first or what is compatible with what. I just downloaded things and played around with it. It worked pretty well for about 3 or 4 months and then one time I changed the theme and it totally bricked. It had no response to anything would not go into dfu mode. So I took it to the apple store knowing that they would not be able to turn it on either and thus, would not know it was jailbroken. They gave me a new one with the 3.1.3 . it is a 64gb. I want to jailbreak again, but am as stupid as I was in the first place. Is there a better program to jailbreak with, and where is the best place to get step by step instructions on what to load that is safe. I know there is always a risk, but I read these forums and it seems there are certain bad combinations. i know nothing!!! thankx!!!!!
  2. daitem11

daitem11 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    wait why in the first place would they give you, recently, a new 3g itouch with 3.1.3 software? ud get 4.0.2?
  3. krindy4

krindy4 New Member

I went to the apple store yesterday and that is what I got. I thought it was because I hadn't updated the old one, but they would have no way of knowing that. So I don't know.
  4. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Only update to 4.0 not 4.0.2, if you want instructions on how PM me
    As for what to download, look what u want on YouTube.
  5. krindy4

krindy4 New Member

Should I update it before I jailbreak it? what program should I use with that firmware? After jailbreak Is there anything important to load on ipod immediately. Youtube has so may videos that I wouldn't know what is compatible. I am just trying to found out what are the best precautions that I can take to prevent bricking again. Is there some website or something in Cydia that could help me learn about it? I don't even kn0w what half of the things are in there and trial and error got me bricked last time. But I want to play with all the neat-o things so I must jailbreak!!!! Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks,
    Denise
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Shashanknegi!!!

They won't let me PM you because I am a new user. Here Is what I tried to send in my message:

Hello,
    Yes, I would love instructions on updating my new ipod touch 3g to 4.0(but not 4.02?). Also which program is best to jailbreak with that firmware? Thanks so much!!!

Denise
  6. daitem11

daitem11 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    no matter what im jsut telling you this now jailbreakme.com is the best and only jailbreak for 4.0
  7. krindy4

krindy4 New Member

Thanks!! That's what I'll use. Does anyone have any other suggestions for how to sources???