2nd ipod touch 4 exchange experience

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by oadam11, Sep 25, 2010.

1. oadam11

oadam11 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I went again to get my ipod touch 4th generation exchanged. Here is my story:

I got there and one of the guys went up to me and asked me "can I help you?". I told him about the light leak and the microphone ticking noise. He tried to reproduce the ticking sound but he could not. I think the problem was the noise around us. It was very noisey and he probably could not heard the ticking. Yes I was connected to wifi. He said it could be do to interferience. He told me that he couldnt verify the ticking problem.
    It seemed to me like he didnt believe me, but maybe thats just me. BTW, i would not have said that problem if I really did not have the problem.

He told me that I could of course exchange it for a new one. The way he said seemed like it didnt make sense to him why I would want a new one. I went there to get a new one, so of couse I said that I want it exchanged. He told me to follow him.

He went to the registers and I waited like 15 minutes. He asked me if I had a 8gb and 16gb version. (Yea he said 16gb!) I told him its a 32gb and he checked to confirm. Here comes the bad news and the news that made this whole trip a waste of time. He told me that they did not have any ipod touch 4th generations (32gb) in stock. What a waste of time for me

Please Register or Log in to view images

. He printed out a sheet so I dont have to go to the genius bar again. He said to call the store again in a day or two to see if they have any instock. He said then I could just come back and go directly to the registers.

Good thing is: I dont have to go to the genius bar again. Bad thing: I have to go back to the apple store for the 3rd time. Thing is that this new one that I will need to pick up, may have the same light leak problem and I may have to go back for the 4th time. I am really sick of apple and the quality of this ipod touch.

To me, it seemed like he didnt understand why I would want a new one. I dont know why, but to me, it doesnt seem like the people at the genius bar are as nice and friendly as they should be.

Thanks for taking the time to read all this and I hope it helped you in some way.
  2. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Well if there are none in stock, not much they can do.

You can get replaced yourself via apple site, meaning you don't have to leave house at all, when I did it they sent someone to pickup and everything.
  3. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If someone came up to me with an iPod and said it had problems that I couldn't reproduce, then I'd be hesitant to exchange it too.
  4. oadam11

oadam11 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ok. I understand what your saying, but I also had the light leak. He couldnt check that though because there was too much light.
  5. Insignia

Insignia New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Jeeze man. Why do you guys make such a big deal over the light leak. Its a very minor problem that can just be fixed by using a small wrap around case.

Please Register or Log in to view images

No need to go through the hassle of waiting a day or two to get a new one.
  6. dudiadudia1

dudiadudia1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if a man wants to he can exchange as much as it takes to get his money's worth..and if someone is willing to settle for a defective ipod then thats their choice
  7. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

Some people want what they paid for.
  8. oadam11

oadam11 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    exactly
  9. Zak32

Zak32 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah this happens to me too, now i'm waiting for the stocks to arrive to get my exchange
  10. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

I may sound like an a**hole but this light leak thing .....it seems like people are trying their hardest to find something wrong it...one post " i went into my bathroom turned out all the lights turned my brightness all the way up and there is a really tiny light leak near the volume button" come on when in the hell are you goona be in pitch black and have your brightness all the way up...............it doesnt eem like that big of a deal. srry i dont mean to offend anyone or start a fight this is just my opinion.