2nd Generation iPod Touch Stuck on blank screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Liam.Mcg, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Liam.Mcg

Liam.Mcg New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    heey guys,
    i have a 2nd generation ipod
    at the beginning of may, i accidentally dropped my ipod on its screen
    the screen cracked but everything seemed to be working fine
    in about june/july my ipod began to start having a white frozen screen, but every now and then it would go back to normal
    and just recently, in about end of august/September it began to not show any screen at all, although i was able to blindly hit the music buttons
    if anybody can let me know whats wrong with my ipod or how i can fix it that would be great
  2. applemacguru

applemacguru Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Take it back to apple
  3. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

If it is broke cosmetically then they won't take it back. What is wrong is, when you dropped it you most likely broke the touch screen and it didn't completely stop working until now. I really can't tell you how to fix it, Apple charges $150 to replace a broken screen.
  4. Liam.Mcg

Liam.Mcg New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    see, my friend has an iphone, and he says in the iphone there are three sort of things at the bottom that like make the screen work, and he seems to think one of them are out of place
    and where my crack is, everytime i apply pressure to it, the screen will come back to normal until i relive the pressure
  5. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Then you could try tightly taping that part

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Liam.Mcg

Liam.Mcg New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    what do you mean?
  7. Rizotto

Rizotto New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If the screen is broken tAke it back to apple, otherwise restore it on iTunes
  8. petamartt

petamartt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    helo, sorry this is so long but please read it.

i have an ipod touch 1g 16gb. a while ago i accidently restored it with iphone firmware. it still worked though. after that by about a week i put it into recovery by holding down the home and plugging it in. at that time i was running itunes 8.2. when itunes opened up it said"itunes has found an iphone in recovery mode you must restore before it can be used". ye itunes was now recognising it as an iphone. i then went on and tried putting it in dfu. i had ziphone opened up and it told me that i had correctly put the iphone in recovery and that i needed to just restore with the firmware in itunes. now that i was in dfu i opened up itunes again. it said the same thing. "itunes has found an iphone in recovery mode you must restore before it can be used". so i clicked restore, then a pop up said that the software is not currently available make sure you have the latest version of itunes and try again. at that time i had the latest version of itunes. i then tried shift+restore and selected the 2.2.1 ipod 1g firmware. it then said the firmware file is not compatible. so i then downloaded 5 or six different firmwares and tried them all. the same thing happened, itunes said the firmware file is not compatible.

i then downgraded to itunes 7.8 i think it was. i plugged the ipod in and itunes opened up and said itunes has found an ipod in recovery you must restore it before it can be used. i was starting to get happy itunes now recognised it as an ipod. so i pushed restore but it gave me error 1619. i then tried the dfu mode and had ziphone open to make sure i got in correctly, itunes then opened up and said, itunes has found an ipod in recovery and to restore to use it. i then pushed restore and itunes popped up and said the ipod could not be restored unknown error occured error 2001. i was now really confused.

i then down graded to itunes 7.5. it also recognised my ipod as an ipod. it said itunes has discovered an ipod in recovery you must restore to use. i then tried the dfu procedure and the the pop up came again itunes as discovered an ipod in recovery you must restore to use. i then clicked restore and it said the software is not currently available make sure you have the latest version. i then clicked shift+restore and it now said the ipod could not be restored an unknown error occured error 1.

by this time itunes 9.0 was released. i upgraded to it, and it gave me the exact same messages as itune 8.2

so if anyone has any idea what i can do or any idea what the errors mean could you please help me i would appreciate it. thanks in advance.
  9. ipodtouchlover156

ipodtouchlover156 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    download iPod verifyer software and reinstall