2nd generation iPod Touch and 4.1

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ATHiker95, Oct 13, 2010.

1. ATHiker95

ATHiker95 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm currently running 3.0, but want to upgrade as a number of my apps require at least 3.1.3, but the only choice is 4.1. Have the battery issues subsided with that? Should I do it?

Thanks,
    Mark
  2. ATHiker95

ATHiker95 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on this. Should I wait till 4.2 or make the plunge now?

Thanks,
    Mark
  3. tomasfn93

tomasfn93 Member

Mark I am on ipt2g firmware 4.1 and it's ok, run fine. Obviously different to 4G and 3GS. Bur just fine, believe me upgrade it. But do not install too much applications, these make slower your iPod.
  4. tomasfn93

tomasfn93 Member

The battery go fast, so you have to turn off things that you don't use like wifi or brightness
  5. lg12345

lg12345 Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    I would say that for a second generation device there is no point in upgrading beyond 4.0, but as for 4.2, you won't even get all the features they are delivering for that firmware. Apple will keep disabling features for this generation device, because eventually the newer firmwares won't even support this generation device, as it will go the way of the 1st generation Ipod touch's. However, you can upgrade freely, but this generation won't really benefit from it. I am only even on 4.0 because my ipod went into bootloop, and it was to much trouble to go back to 3.1.2.