2nd Generation Colors Case: Review

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Firebird94, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Firebird94

Firebird94 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

Today i will be giving you a full review on the SwitchEasy Colors for the Ipod Touch 2nd Generation. Design, protection and all.

Key Features:
    Hard resin "Jelly Bean" tactile button
    Less is more clean design
    Variety is the spice of life with 6 vibrant colors
    Full protection with connector protector included

Design:
    To Start off, this case looks very sleek and nice. It looks like a silicon case but doesn't feel too much like one. As for buttons/volume rockers, They are completely covered. The power button and the volume rockers bulge out with a black siliconey

P just made up a word) type material. The case it self protects the whole back and comes completely around to the bezel and covers the bezel. The home button is very unique. It has a bulge with a smoother silicone type material and is colored red (on the black case.) It completely covers the home button and it is cut perfectly, as is the power button and volume rockers. The headphone and dock ports are cut out very nice.
    Overall Design: 9.7/10

Protection:
    This case has very good protection for a silicone case. Although, this case is much tougher (and you can feel it) than a normal silicone case from, for example accecsory geeks. It has full protection of all buttons and has a dock protector to protect from dust. It has very good shock protection for a silicone case. If you drop this case from about 1 or 2 feet it would probrally be fine. But if it were any higher i would be kind of nervous about my ipod. A screen protector is included as always and does a pretty good job. Although not as good as a job as say iShieldz or InvisibleShield.
    Overall Protection: 8.3/10

Price:
    The price of the case is $14.99
    The price of shipping/handling is $3.00
    Shipping is USPS Express shipping.

The case is shipped from somewhere in California i believe.

Accessories:
    The case comes with:

(2) Two anti-static Screen Guards
    One Microfiber Wipe
    One Squeegee for your Screen Guard application
    One Power Jack Connector Protector

Overall:
    Overall, this case is great in both protection and looks. This case looks very sleek and nice and is great with protection too.
    Overall: 9.3/10
  2. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ehh.
    Decent review, but I'd give the looks like.. a 7 or 8, just because i think the home button looks odd..
    And if you dropped it face down, then the home button can get messed up easier, since it could hit the ground harder and get pushed in by the button.
  3. Intense

Intense Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hmm well to really catch people's attention i would have bought a different colour. But very nice reviews, if you could add some of your own pics it would be great!
  4. Firebird94

Firebird94 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The home button looks a lot more interesting up close. And a majority of cases only go up to the bezel. Actually, the home button on the inside is actually a weird texture but not something that could push up into the home button and break it. You barley even press it to turn on the ipod.

Yeah thats what i'm thinking now, i was orignally going to get blue but now i found it they only sell blue for the iphone, so i should've got either orange or white. They both look very nice. I will take a picture as soon as i find one of my cameras.
  5. mitchell209

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Oh, you need to show me the inside of the home button. It looked like it would damage the home button from the pictures that you posted.

Although SwitchEasy probably thought of people dropping it on the home button..
  6. Firebird94

Firebird94 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'll try to get pics up later today.
  7. dagr8est

dagr8est Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
  8. mitchell209

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What the hell did you do to make it rip?
    SwitchEasy is a pretty good company. It shouldn't rip so easily...
  9. Intense

Intense Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No the jelly bean for the home button is embedded onto the silicone so on the other side of the jelly bean its flat like its molded onto there.
  10. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I like the way it looks. I might pick up one.