2nd generation battery problem?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rc!!!, Aug 16, 2010.

1. rc!!!

rc!!! New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hi, I've had my iPod for almost a year now, I litterally use it all the time. Morning to night and when I first got it, a charge would last about 9hours.. But now that it's over summer, it's been lasting only 3-5 hours, and the bottom get really warm, not hot enough to make eggs, but definitly warm enough to have me worry. It's in the bottom. Bottom left corner mostly fs you're looking at the screen. When I charge it it will get really hot, so what I've done is charge it without my case and on a fan. It keeps it at a nicer tempurature, but if I take it of for about a minute it starts getting hot again. As of this moment I'm using my iPod and just from typing this it's getting hot. I can feel it on my pinky, its a second generation 8gb. That I got refurbished from apple..
    So, would you say it's a battery problem? If so I can easily replace it myself. But I would like to know if it's a battery problem before I open my iPod and spend my hard earned money, thanks!

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    Oh! I forgot something. Where is the best place online to buy a new replacment battery? Preferably higher compacity.
    Thanks once again

2. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well you're not on 4.0, so it couldn't be that problem.. But maybe since you have used it a lot, the battery life has dramatically increased. And i highly doubt you could get a replacement battery with a higher capacity :/ sorry!

And i have used my iPod everyday since i bought it, my battery hasn't really decreased until i upgraded it to 4.0 then was really pissed about the 5 hour life.. But i figured out if you turn off push notifications, the wifi turns off when the device is in stand-by. <-- Just a though
  3. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
  4. Toasty Bread

Toasty Bread Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I also use mine all the time, and got mine...almost exactly a year ago.
    Mine now lasts....maybe...4 hours? But anyway... if yours is getting hot on the bottom, is it because you've overclocked the processor thingy? That would explain it. Otherwise, you might accidentally be backgrounding a memory intensive game

Well, it's probably not the battery. I would take it to Apple, but if you're jailbroken, turn off all jailbreak extensions in SBSettings, except libhide, and hide any jailbreak apps. Otherwise Apple might refuse to help you if you've jailbroken.
  5. patpond

patpond New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  6. rc!!!

rc!!! New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hm.. Thank you for all the replys! I'm thinking I'll just wait til the next iPod touch comes out.:/
    but, in what way do you mean getting rid of the jailbreak sbsettings stuff, do you mean by deleting? Or couldn't I just retire it and send it in?
    How long would I have to wait for it to come back? Like if I send it by mail. I can't go long! D:

and well to solve the backgrounding stuff I've tryed running it on safe mode, and well that doesn't seem to work well:/

Or maybe what I could do, hmm... Where can I get the componets for the bottom left corner? (opposite than Jack) I would really like to not ship it anywhere or have to go threw and delete everything.

And just wondering. Is there supposed to be a new iPod touch comming out?
    Thanks

7. malberti1993

malberti1993 New Member

Did you try restarting it. (Shutting it off and putting it back on) also if you have backgrounder installed please uninstall it and see if you notice a difference.
  8. rc!!!

rc!!! New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Alright I deleted backgrounder. And restarted it, it's being the same way:/ hmm. And now
    I'm starting to think that it isn't the battery, because when I have it plugged in to the charger when the battery is full, it still gets warm.. So, I think I'll just wait for the next touch to come out. I'm only buying it if It has a camera and stuff hah
  9. JoshH100

JoshH100 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Try removing launch daemons, when my Ipod is charging it gets hot in the same spot and 6 hrs for heavy usage is normal but thats for video my guess is that games take even more battery. You could buy a external battery case thing.
  10. rc!!!

rc!!! New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What exactly are launch daemons? And well i don't think the external battery thing would help, because doesn't that simulate wall charging? Same thing just on the go, so it will still get hot.
    My iPod frustrates me haha