2nd Gen Touch for Use in Car

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by SupaFly10579, Nov 3, 2008.

1. SupaFly10579

SupaFly10579 New Member

My friend had a cord that plugged into the face of her car stereo to her Ipod. I used it with mine and it worked beautifully. Where can I get this cord and how much is it?
  2. SupermanCS

SupermanCS New Member

the cord you mention, i think, is a 1/8" male-to-male adapter cable

It should look like the end of your headphones, but the other end has that same piece, so that one end connects to your ipod headphone jack, and the opposite end connects to the jack in the stereo

i got mine from radioshack for about 5 bucks

Please Register or Log in to view images

some longer ones can cost more, but they are readily available in many places because using mp3 players in cars has become so popular

hope this helps!
  3. 1adam1

1adam1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i saw one at walmart for about 10 or so bucks, but first make sure your car has the auxilary port that your friends does, or spring for the audio-cassette with line-in, however the latter has less audio quality (probably not noticable, though).
  4. darc10222

darc10222 Banned

Um, ask your friend?
  5. SupaFly10579

SupaFly10579 New Member

Someone gave it to her. I bought the cord, but I don't have a plug-in spot for it on my receiver. Great. I'm going to keep it anyway. It was only like $5. What are other options for a CD receiver in a car besides the horrible FM transmitter?