2nd Gen Touch - Critical Issue with Alarms

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Donka, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Donka

Donka Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I have just bought a second generation iPod Touch which is a great device but it has one critical flaw for me, introduced by the new internal speaker. I would typically have the volume turned right down when in the office or in bed at night so if I fancied a quick game of something to kill time that I don't disturb anyone else. The problem comes the following morning when the alarm fires - if the volume is right down then I won't hear it but I think a daily alarm is a critical function that needs to be heard. I think this alarm needs the ability to over ride the current system volume. Alternatives would be to have an individual setting for the alarm volume or perhaps an option to disable the internal speaker for music, applications but leave it enabled for system sounds.
    Has anyone else ran into this issue or is there even a work around? I never had this issue with the first gen Touch due to how its limited internal speaker worked i.e. system sounds were heard but no music or application sounds.
  2. Lupevalenz

Lupevalenz New Member

Raise the volume up before going to sleep? Well with me, I use the internal speakers when playing game before going to bed but when i put my iPod touch away, I dock it on my speaker docks and that will then have my headphone settings which will play my alarms loudly.
  3. beattieboy

beattieboy New Member

I know what you mean. I use mine as an alarm c*ck ever since my iHome died a couple weeks ago and it's a pain to remember to turn the volume up at night but then back down the next morning.
  4. Donka

Donka Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I've emailed Apple about this and listed it as a bug instead of a feature request as I would love to see this rectified in a future update - as well as a search function in the Calendar app!