2nd Gen Touch and Podcasts w/ 3.0 Upgrade

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by jhberry, Jun 24, 2009.

1. jhberry

jhberry New Member

Prior to the 3.0 upgrade, I would download podcasts to my MBP, sync them to my 2nd Gen Touch, then tap on the Touch's Podcast button and get a list of my downloaded-and-synced podcasts. It was easy. I could then select which of my synced podcasts I wanted to play. Now, with the 3.0 Touch upgrade, when I tap on the Podcast button, I get a list of several podcast, that I didn't download and sync, to select from that can be downloaded directly to the Touch. Additionally, each time I tap on the Podcast button, I have to sign in to iTunes. I don't want to have to sign into iTunes each time I tap on the Podcast button. I also don't want a list of podcasts to select from--I want a list of the podcasts that I already downloaded then synced. Is there a setting that will allow me to get to my synced podcasts directly as I was able to do before 3.0? I've found that I can locate my synced podcasts if I use the Spotlight feature, but that's also a little laborious compared to the ease with which I could get to my synced podcast before the 3.0 upgrade.
  2. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    In iTunes, click your iPod, move along to podcasts and click the one that does NOT say on listened to or w/e.

This should sync all of your podcasts now.
  3. jhberry

jhberry New Member

Thanks for the help G8D, but I'm a little new at this and need an expanded version of "NOT say on listened to or w/e." What does that mean? I did plug in my touch to my MBP, clicked on my touch, then clicked on the Podcast tab. Right now the "Sync all unplayed" and "all podcasts" are checked.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Never mind. I found the problem and it is me. If i press the Music button at the bottom of the screen (instead of the iTunes button) and then press the resulting Podcast button, I get the list of my synced podcasts. Sorry for any confusion. This thread can be closed.