2nd gen itouch no more compatibility.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by helikido, Sep 5, 2010.

1. helikido

helikido New Member

Guys im starting to notice that allot of apps in the appstore are starting to requiresthe 3rd gen iphone and itouch hardware especialy the game like epic. Also i was plying shrek cart and it lags allot, i think its time for everyone to upgrade. I ownman 8gbmc model.
  2. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    i havent ran into that problem. Ive only had the "This app reqires iOS 4.0" compatibility problem.
  3. ihavebeenwaiting

ihavebeenwaiting New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    yea i guess we are actually getting ripped off. i reckon iOS4.2 wont support any of the models 2g and below. I mean i bought my iPod Touch a year ago in about a weeks time??? they really are cutting supporot. AND FAST.
  4. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That it is a GOOD thing
    1st and 2nd gen device are holding back on 3rd and 4th gen devices

3rd gen devices are capable of rendering better graphics than the PSP, they have 30x more powerful GPU capable of Open GL ES 2.0 which translates in to more and better effects. The CPU architecture as well is very superior to the ancient ARM11 found in 1st and 2nd gen devices

Old device graphics capabilities are pitiful compared to 3rd and 4th gen, they day Apple drops support for the ipod 2g and iPhone 3G all together would be an epic day.

all this coming from an iPod 2G owner our old devices are holding bback such grate potential on newer devices

Well it is kinda your fault for not researching before buying such expensive gadgets. Apple historically announces new iPod Touch on September

Besides you dint even buy a 3rd gen, you bough a MC 8B which has the same 2G hardware released back in 2008, you bough outdated technology its a double hit for you. Sorry

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. helikido

helikido New Member

I didnt even own my itouch for 2 months. And now its all gone. Good thing im getting the galaxy s or the touch 4
  6. sdettmer

sdettmer New Member

Not all people like to buy every year a new item only for the reason that it´s holds back the new things! It depends on what you like to do with the IPod. I do not play games with it, so no need of new...
  7. ihavebeenwaiting

ihavebeenwaiting New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yes but some of us cant afford to buy the best of the line models...
  8. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I can't afford another ditch in my money. They should have a version for older devices, they seriously do not need so much ram in their devices. I wish they had an ultimate touch/phone which was the final.
  9. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    @ iBriked
    Its not just about the ram, the GPU matters the most as well as the CPU, the games it self would look like crap compared to 3rd and 4th gen devices
  10. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i think theres a thing you can get incydia to spoof your ipod,.. so that it thinks you got one of those dievices and lets you download the app