2nd Gen iPod Touch...

Discussion in 'Apple Discussions, Rumours and Speculation' started by Gman4354, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Gman4354

Gman4354 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    when do you suppose the "2nd Gen iPod Touch" (if apple is really working on one) will be Announced and then Realeased ?

and do you think apple will give you a discount if you have your 1st gen ipod when you purchase the 2nd gen, like the iphone.

NO FLAMING!!!!
    THIS IS 100% OPINIONS
  2. fallboard

fallboard New Member

I think they will at least do somthing because ipods are allways different every year. also i doubt a discount unless you just bought one within a month or what ever they did for iphone and i expect a price decrease if no up date or both update and price cut like 3g

MY OPINION
  3. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The 2.1 beta of the iPod touch firmware confirms that there will be a iPod touch 2gen.
    Normally the first gen iPod touch firmware starts with "1,1" but on the beta of 2.1 it begins with "1,2" The iPhone starts with "1,1" while the iPhone 3G starts with "1,2"
    It will probably be released in September/October
    They wont probably discount, the only reason they discounted the iPhone was because it was on contract and contract phones always get upgrades.
  4. dell0989

dell0989 New Member

Maybe the coding of 2.0 changedthe iPod Touch 1,1 to 1,2.
  5. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    September 9th, 2008.
  6. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This 1,2 thing in the firmware notes in no way "confirms" a gen 2, and im tired of people saying it. The Touch has barely been out a year at this point. And while apple is stepping up its upgrade rate, i seriously doubt they would make a new one. My take on the whole version thing is simply a touch with 2.X already installed on it. As most of you should know, even the iPods sold from apple at this point dont have 2.0 on them out of the box. This iPodTouch 1,2 is likely a version they will be releasing soon with 2.X(likely 2.1) stock like they did with the January update, redesigned box art and maybe a minor price adjustment. There really isnt much they can do to improve the Touch. They wont add bluetooth,GPS,Camera, or a Mic. Thats what the phone is for.
  7. River

River New Member

What's with the yelling?
    And that's not opinion, that's fact.
  8. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i did some thinking an some reading around on other sites.

What i found(or didnt find) Is that there is no actual view or copy of the actual line of code which they talk about. There are also several sites that say the line reads iPod2,2 while some sites say iPod2,1 while here we see iPod1,2. With this much inconsistency i dont understand how anyone still believe a second gen touch is coming out any time soon.

Also another thing i was thinking about. That line likely references the software. Who go the idea in their head that i meant the hardware. Since the early ipod days they have been using similar naming conventions for their firmwares. It could simply be code that the firmware follows weather or not the iPod being used is on an earlier 1.1.X firmware (iPod1,1) or one already updated to 2.0(iPod1,2). In the early days Apple released one firmware file for all the iPods.
  9. Cam

Cam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Apple's announcing the new wave of iPods, and the big iTunes update September 7th or 9th. Firmware 2.1.0 is supposed to coincide with the release, or announcement of the new iPod Touch.
  10. kingkai

kingkai New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ipod touch 2...apparently alots gonna happen this next few weeks..... amd imagine a ipot that came in sassy colors thats what id like to see cause those silcone case that instantly change the color give me allergic reactions! lol and black is nifty n all but im a colorful kinda guy and an ipot in say lime green or shocking pink or electriv blue would be amazing.... or even an ipot where the WHOLE front is a screen with a tiny bit of edging possibly then you could chnge the colors like the weather......

but there wont be discounts, you didnt get discounts for the nanos (which seem to get release every 5 minutes ((and whats with the new nano it looks awful compared to the last one))my 2pence/cents)