iOS 4.0 2nd gen iPod touch update failed

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by loljack, Jul 6, 2010.

1. loljack

loljack New Member

I'm running windows xp home edition, Service pack 3

Okay, so I downloaded the 4.0 update. All's good. Was backing up, so I had dinner. When I came back down, the backup was done, and on my screen was the "Found New Hardware Wizard". I thought, 'Oh god, this isn't supposed to happen'. So I pressed, search automatically, it didn't find any software, so I pressed finish. But when I did that, iTunes got rid of the "preparing iPod for update", and just closed everything to do with my restore.

The problem that I have is that my iPod touch has the "connect to itunes screen", but when I connect to iTunes, it doesn't appear. No interaction at all. But the "Found New Hardware Wizard", comes up everytime.

Any help at all? Please? Oh yeah, I jailbroke once during 3.1.3, restored it.

I'm thinking that I could pick the restore firmware that was saved onto my computer? If so, could someone give me step by step how to find that software, thanks.

Attached Files:

2. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
  3. loljack

loljack New Member

Can I ask how? please, like step by step? it won't even appear in iTunes, just remember that, sorry >_<
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Anyone please???
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Okay, now it's bricked, it won't even turn on, but it still shows the "found new hardware" wizard. PLEASE HELP!@!@
  4. Crigger540

Crigger540 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Go to Youtube and type in "iPod DFU" and watch one of the many videos.
  5. delmarko

delmarko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Turn off your device.
    Hold down the home and lock button for 10 seconds.
    Then let go of the lock button while still holding the home button for 15 seconds.

Your computer will recognize the device is in DFU mode, same with iTunes and you'll be able to restore.
  6. drkztan

drkztan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i'll go out there and say try a "different" dfu mode

Please Register or Log in to view images

since i updated to 3.0, (fyi, i have a non-mc 2g ipod touch) no dfu guide would get me into dfu. that's because somehow, my dfu times where modified. yes guys you heard that right. please dont flame me

anyways, try this: connect your ipod to your pc, you should hear the hardware connected chime. now: hold the power+home buttons until you hear the hardware disconnected chime (on your pc), immediately when you hear it, let go of the power button while still holding the home button, until you hear the hardware connected chime again. this works for me everytime, more often than dfu guides

hope i helped

7. loljack

loljack New Member

Don't worry, I fixed it, but I have another problem now, check my thread in the iPod touch forum.