2nd Gen iPod touch Time Zone issue FIX!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jsm1985, Oct 20, 2008.

1. jsm1985

jsm1985 New Member

Hi everyone,

I registered on this forum just to post this solution to what I understand is a very common problem among iPod touch users (both 1st and 2nd Gen), seeing from the amount of posts I discovered scattered around the internet on this issue. Most of my Google searches led me to this forum, so I'm hoping that it will be easy to find for anyone else looking for help in the future.

I got the 32 GB iPod touch 2nd Gen last week, and soon realized that everytime I synced my iPod to iTunes, the time on my iPod would go back 30 minutes. I searched the internet for 3 days looking for a solution, but only discovered hundreds of other people with the exact same problem as me.

I live in Trinidad and Tobago (Caribbean: Time Zone GMT-4), and as neither the iPod or Windows Vista has my country as a pre-set time zone, I have to use a country with a Similar time zone (previously used Caracas, but they recently moved their time to GMT -4:30).

Herein lies the problem: For some reason, whenever I sync, the iPod changes its time zone to Caracas, setting my time back by 30 minutes.. I tried every possible solution (Restore, Reset, Recharge, Reformat, etc) to no avail.

I couldn't believe that Apple would let this "bug" exist for over 1 year! However, tonight I had a breakthrough, and decided to mess with the timezones in Windows Date/Time settings ... I tried setting it to La Paz, Bolivia (also GMT-4), however that made the time on my iPod go 1 hour ahead (??!) everytime I synced. I tried the last location with the -4GMT time zone in Windows (Manaus, Brazil) and opened iTunes and waited for it to sync... to my relief my iPod stayed on the correct time and didn't revert to a different time zone!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

It seems as though WINDOWS (big surprise there) is the one thats messing up the iPod time.. so I suggest that if you're having a problem similar to mine, try setting different locations that share the same time zone as your city and then sync iTunes.... I'm sure this will help solve this annoying problem for most people, as this is the only solution that helped me!

Admin: I'm sure this will help alot of people.. please make Sticky!

Hope this helps, let me know!

Regards,
    Jerus
  2. drago

drago New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I didn't work for me and I work on Curacao