2nd gen. iPod touch. My thoughts.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jimbeam, Jun 8, 2008.

1. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I'm not sure if its coming anytime soon. All i have herd is iPhone iPhone iPhone. But I could see the need for a new ipod touch with the appstore and 2.0 coming.

So here's what I think it will have. That are needed with the appstore.

1. Build in speakers. Becouse you want to hear your new games and some might be hard to play with a cord hanging there.

2. Vibration. I think alot of games will take advantage of that.

3. Bluetooth. I think some games will need this for two player modes and other things. Though most will probably use wi-fi.

4. 3g capabilitys or edge. Hey you never know. Its posible they might use that to trap more people in a contract with AT&T. They have recently anounced a data only plan.

5. Volume buttons. How much would that suck having to stop a game to adjust the volume.

6. Get rid of the iPod touch all together! Let's face it. The iPhones just better and to really take full advantage of the app store there going to have to turn it into almost an iPhone. LOL!

Just some thoughts.
  2. yoyorks

yoyorks Member

number 6...PUT ON YOUR FLAME SUIT JIMBEAN!
  3. IpodtouchMM

IpodtouchMM New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    nope not going to happen
  4. hockeycraze12000

hockeycraze12000 New Member

LOL!

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    LOL! I have had it on all week!
  6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It is most likely coming, during the Fall/Winter seasons. Most likely around that certain holiday (Christmas)

Apple may do this since people love music and that is what the iPod Touch was designed for (mostly). I doubt it'll be needed for Games.

Highly unlikely, it'll just waste battery and bring it too close to the iPhone.

BlueTooth would only be put on the iPod Touch if there is a need for stereo bluetooth. If people wanted to play multiplayer, Wifi is the choice.

Again, the iPod Touch was DESIGNED to bring people to the side of the iPhone. Why compete against your own better product?

I would love this, but again, iPhone.

The iPod Touch was designed again, for people who couldn't afford the iPhone or didn't have or want a plan with a cellular company.
  7. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    We'll see. But if apple didn't want to compete against its own product. Then why put out the iPod touch in the first place? There just about the same price?

I think it was just to give people choice. Phone or no phone that is the question. LOL.

Tes man your slipping. It took you a whole 5 posts to respond. LOL.
  8. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The iPod Touch was designed to lure people to the iPhone. Why do you think it was so Gimped?
  9. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    I read somewhere Apple was required put buttons on all their ipods (after the ipod touch) because someone almost sued apple because of the lack of volume buttons on ipod touch shuffle etc.
  10. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I think it was a quick response to damand. People wanted an iPhone but couldn't get out of there curent contracts so apple put out the touch. They left out all these features to cut cost on the touch. The iPhone is already subsidized to keep cost down beleive it or not. Its spread out threw cairer contracts. Thats there reasoning for giving updates free for iPhones and charging 20 bones for touch users.

The iPhone would be like $900 if it wasn't for those cairer contracts. Think about it.