2nd gen ipod touch free

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mikec1985, Sep 9, 2008.

1. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Well since they are not selling the first gen anymore if something happens to your ipod and its still under warranty will u get a 2nd gen or u think they still have 1st gen laying around for replacements??
  2. sktbrd5125

sktbrd5125 New Member

refurbished.
  3. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    No when i got mine replaced they gave me a new one im pretty sure it wasnt refurbished it still had all original packaging.
  4. Storm Surge

Storm Surge New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I am pretty sure they will give you a refurb 1 gen ipod touch until they absolutely run out.
  5. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You know how people say that there are no such things as stupid questions? well they were wrong, that's a stupid question. Sorry to dissapoint you but your not getting the new ipod touch if something happens to old your old one, just because a new one comes out then that doesnt mean that they burn all the old ones. They will give you an old one no matter what, why would they give you a new one, if not then they wont be making any money, live with it pal, selll your old one and buy a new one.

so to sum it all up........NO
  6. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Im just saying there not gonna have the old ones for ever knowing apple store. They always keep there stock up to date. Lets say they happened to run out of 1st gen then i think maybe they would offer u a new one but for a cheap price idk just a thought.
  7. Storm Surge

Storm Surge New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Apple should donate each and every single old gen touch to a 3rd world country so we can fraud them into giving us a new gen ipod
  8. quick5pnt0

quick5pnt0 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    More than likely you'll get a refurb'd first gen.
  9. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if they ran out of 1st gens, then they might (might) just give you a new one, if not then most likely they'll just ship you one(1st gen)
  10. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ACTUALLY...you are wrong xD

As said from a Apple GENIUS, when a new iPod/iPhone model comes out, all previous versions are discontinued asap in the factory. So technically if you just wait about 6 days and you walk into an Apple store and you try to buy a refurb iPod touch you will get an iPod 2G. NOT the 1G.

Furthermore, I am not a prophet, so I do not know what Old Holy Steveness has cooked up, BUT I am going in maybe this weekend to get my 2G refurbished iPod touch. I will just post what happens.

Just keep in mind that I may be wrong though. Look down if you want to laugh/see my fail joke---->

Oh and for the sake of retardness, here is a super stupid question:

If you try to turn in a iPod touch 1G to get a refurbished 2G iPod touch, will Apple give you a 3G iPhone?