2nd Gen. Ipod touch 32G blocked in repair mode

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by eriklinda, Jan 1, 2010.

1. eriklinda

eriklinda New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello guys,
    I have a 2nd generation Ipod touch 32GB. Tried to upgrade the software via I-tunes to 3.... firmware. But the Ipod got stuck. In the end Itunes didnt even find my Ipod anymore. The ipod, when switched on ,shows after the Apple icon the I-tunes music disc with an arrow and the connection plug but nothing more happens. Itunes itself says my device is stuck in repair mode.
    What can I do to restore my Ipod touch please?
    Erik
  2. Chamilism

Chamilism New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    You can press restore and restore the iPod... If it says it's in repair mode then you should go ahead and hit restore then install old apps and music back on.
  3. eriklinda

eriklinda New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi, Thanks for the quick reply. I tried out what you said, but Itunes gave me an error :
    "cannot be repaired, unknown error 1604 ". Any other solutions I could try except going to an Apple store?
  4. Chamilism

Chamilism New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Like said in another thread there's a thread about 16xx errors. I'm on iPod touch so I don't want to find it.
  5. eriklinda

eriklinda New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thx, I could repair my Ipod touch with my other desktop. But got same problem when I wanted to update from 2.2 to 3.3. Is it not possible then to upgrade to 3.3 on a second generation Ipod touch?