2nd Gen iPod... glass screen moves?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jsm1985, Nov 18, 2008.

1. jsm1985

jsm1985 New Member

Hi,

I noticed that the glass screen on my iPod touch (32GB) moves (probably 1mm or so downward) when I press it... it seems as though its not completely glued or attached to whatever its resting on.. the bottom section (around the home button and bottom corners) appear to have more play to it than the top of the glass (maybe .5mm of play)...

It'd be great if you guys can check your iPods and let me know if you're seeing the same movement? (It's easier to see if you look at the edge where the glass meets the metal... and then press...)

Sorry for sounding so paranoid, but if its a problem with my unit only, i'd like to return it for another one...
  2. ThrowAway

ThrowAway New Member

Mines rock solid with no movement.
  3. f1av0rflave

f1av0rflave Banned

i got one that did that, then went back to best buy and exchanged it because the power button was broken when i opened it. then this new one doesnt do that.
  4. sotaku22

sotaku22 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Now that you've said that if 'feels' like it moves, but im pretty sure it doesnt.
  5. Demonshade

Demonshade New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Mine does the same on the left side. I have been too lazy to go get it replaced but i will maybe tomorrow or friday. Also, i purchased the ipod only, does it come with a warranty??
  6. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    yeah mine does that too. it will slide, VERY slightyly up and down. i was concerned about it, and i will be bringing it back to the apple store within the next few days. if it is convinent for u to do so, i would consider getting it replaced.
  7. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

get it replaced
    probably defective
  8. mrfajita

mrfajita New Member

my 1G is solid. Yet another example of decreased build quality on the 2G's. Heard of this, non functioning buttons, non-centered screens, Wi-Fi that doesn't work, and the ubiquitous lack of jailbreak.
  9. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

yea
    same my 1g is fine
    loving it
  10. Germany

Germany Banned

Mine moves just a bit also. I noticed this the day I got it while playing Tap Tap Revenge very intensely. Lol. It's not a big deal because it doesn't affect anything. If you don't think about it, it doesn't really even seem to be there.