2nd Gen in need of repair - opinions needed

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by RatPackSopra, Sep 29, 2009.

1. RatPackSopra

RatPackSopra New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    My 2nd gen got wet a few weeks ago and it still refuses to show any sign of life at all. I can see the faintest pink line on the battery and I want to point out that it's still under warranty for another month, but I'm aware that moisture is not covered under warranty. I have looked at a few of the videos on youtube, but I'm a bit skeptical about their ideas. If anyone has any opinions about that subject send me a PM.

With that out of the way it seems like the only real choice is sending it to someone for repair since I really have no way of knowing what all might be wrong with it. Lets say I buy a battery and it turns out to not be the only issue and then I buy something else and it still doesn't work the cost could spiral out of control and I might waste more chasing the solution than the device is worth. (Pardon the run on sentence.)

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm wondering if there are any reputable repair outfits or should I rethink doing it myself or should I try to (cough) work on it warranty-wise or what? I'm a pretty sharp cat, but I've found it hard to get any reliable sounding reviews for ipod touch repairs.

Thanks in advance!
  2. nanou

nanou New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I suggest you take it to apple store ... just tell them that your ipod stopped by itself and you dont know why.. If they found that it was wet well just play dumb..lol. It might work tho' and than you can try other alternatives.
    Its only a suggestion....
  3. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    look in the headphone jack. if its not white apple will know it got wet. (im pretty sure normally its white. correct me if im wrong)
  4. glassguitar75

glassguitar75 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i believe you are correct