2nd Gen 32 gb Touch - jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by anok4u2, Jan 26, 2009.

1. anok4u2

anok4u2 New Member

Hi, I have just brought a 32gb 2nd gen Ipod touch. What is Jailbreak and should I add it before I load up anything on my ipod?
  2. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    jailbreak is to hack your ipod and release it from apples "jail" of closed software (AKA Appstore) and open it up to un approved apps and tweaks, and there is no jailbreak out for the 2g yet.
  3. giannaros

giannaros New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Welcome to the forum! You can't jailbreak the iPod Touch 2G yet, but don't worry, you will be able to do it soon! But please, search before you post. It doesnt matter now, because you are a newbie, but there are millions of threads about the 2G jailbreak, and some users get angry (including me

Please Register or Log in to view images

) when they see more threads about it every day.
  4. Ranko95

Ranko95 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    read some of the stickies or use the search button. like nikj14 said a jailbreak allows you to install third party apps that are not approved by the apple. google jailbroken apps and you should get an idea of what you can do. currently the 2g jailbreak is not out yet. There are two teams who have managed to jailbreak it but its currently tethered. meaning that you need to plug it in to your computer each time you reboot. You can visit the iphone dev team's site at blog.iphone-dev.org or chronic devs site at www.chronic-dev.com/blog. where you can get occaisional updates on their progress. hope i helped

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. anok4u2

anok4u2 New Member

Thanks for that
  6. dgxnil

dgxnil Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    search before you open a thread lol