2g wifi problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by seamustry, Oct 2, 2008.

1. seamustry

seamustry New Member

i have 2nd gen. 8 gig touch.

when i am at home my wifi works fine (i have wpa). i can put it in standby and when i bring it back up, wifi connects instantly.

when i am at school, the wifi connects initially but when i put it in standby and bring it back up, it doesn't reconnect (my school has wep security).

also, i try turning off the wifi and turning it back on, and when i do that, it gets stuck at the "searching for networks" screen and doesn't pick up any networks even though the network is there. i can't fix this issue unless i turn off the ipod and restart it (which is very cumbersome).

can someone help me fix this?
  2. Donosopj

Donosopj New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i had the same problem with my ipod touch 1g but i couldnt find a solution, i just restored it and it worked find and then i sold it to get a 2g

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. seamustry

seamustry New Member

if i restore it, would i be able to put all my files back on the ipod?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    restore didn't help. The wifi still stops working if I put it in standby. It doesn't do that win my home wifi, just my schools wifi.
  4. curioman37

curioman37 New Member

I have the exact same problem... my ipod connects initially but when i put it in standby mode and turn it on again it wont connect. the only way of fixing it is rebooting my ipod but since i have the tethered jailbreak i can't turn it off until I'm at home. this happens in school as well, which has wep security. I would really appreciate if u can help me.
  5. alyx

alyx New Member

Same thing happens to me... I'm going to replace mine
  6. xreeprx

xreeprx New Member

I Have This Problem As Well

It really sucks because I am tethered so I cant just restart. Is it a hardware problem?
  7. lechuckgl

lechuckgl New Member

Try using the Other Networs option. Select your school security protocol and type your school's network name. That should work.
    BTW: does your school network and yours have the same name ?
  8. xreeprx

xreeprx New Member

Well I can scan now.

I have managed to get past the spinning circle hanging by using ifconfig en0 down, ifconfig en0 up. The wifi will connect but it quickly turns off after a few seconds or if I enter another application. Any ideas?