2g Warranty? Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Skyvette427, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Skyvette427

Skyvette427 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    For 60 Bucks Apple offers a 2 year warranty for the Touch....

Is this really worth it... How long is the device going to last provided daily use but no drops or smashes?
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    it depends what you use it for. If you use it everyday and you take it to work and your job is very physical. Then yes. If your just using it around the home or the office then i would say no as its not very often that anything major happens.
  3. bluejava2

bluejava2 New Member

Doesn't Apple give you a refurbished unit should you have the warranty and need your device replaced? Warranty is a crap shoot... usually avoid it.
  4. Splex

Splex Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Buy a warranty on ebay, i got a warranty through ebay and i have warranty till jan 2010. I bought 1 extra year warranty. I have already hgotten 1 free, brand new ipod from them, an di am planning on getting the 2gshorty

Please Register or Log in to view images

(i currently have the 1g) cost me like $30 for 1 extra year. Plus i always call in from brand new earphones
  5. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah, what he said^^
  6. hazard99

hazard99 New Member

I'd had an iPod since they were first released, and I've had a warranty. When the 1st one died, they didn't have any more of the model left, so they replaced it with a better model. I put down 60$ and added a warranty for it. That iPod died, and they replaced it with a newer model, and I put down $60 for a warranty. AGAIN that iPod died, and they gave me a newer model, which is my current one.

I'd say its worth it.... I got really lucky and got nicer models each time (I had one of each b&w screen iPod I think).
  7. HeavyComponent

HeavyComponent Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Good to know, I will get a warranty for just in case anything happens. You don't want to not get the warranty and something ends up happening.
  8. jmonster66

jmonster66 Member

i cracked my ipod.

Please Register or Log in to view images

can i buy a warranty now, so i can get a new ipod?
  9. B2TheEYo

B2TheEYo New Member

You're cursed, if your signature is true, having 3 stolen..Now one cracked? Holy.

I don't think you'll get coverage.

They might but I could be wrong.

My experience is you never get a warranty after you've possessed the product. And when they do give that option, some sort of review or inspection of the product is needed (my laptop warranty experience).

If they give you a warranty, don't make a claim for a replacement/repair right away. Maybe wait a few weeks. Because if you buy the warranty then the same or next day call and have troubles, they'll know you're trying to swindle them or something.. Big companies take record of everything and if you get a reputation on their systems for doing bad things (being nasty to techs, BS'n etc) they may just say one day "we're not gonna help you" (I've had friends that it happen too).

But take my post as a overall general piece of advice then just specific to this iPod topic.

Overall,

Always get a warranty if you know your device will be exposed to a lot of hell, purposely or accidentally, or if you don't have the money to be replacing the device yourself in the even something did happen. Otherwise skip it.
  10. Icey37

Icey37 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    i bought my ipod 2g on black friday and its perfectly fine but they didnt ask me if i wanted to buy a warranty if i wanted to get a warranty where would i get it? apple store or the store i bought it from? (radio Shack)

OMG U KNOW WHAT I HATE??...
    Sticker bubbles...
    like with my case it came with a screen thingy and theres like very small dots in the middle and sorta big ones at the bottom