iOS 4.0 2g touch - Wi-fi woes

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jordans, Aug 6, 2010.

1. jordans

jordans New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello all, this is my first post here.
    Anyway, I've been having problems with my 2g 8GB touch and wondering if anyone else has experienced these problems.

It seems that my wifi isn't persistent at all. (After lurking here for a while it seems some of you may actually want this!) When it goes to sleep, the wifi turns off. I receive push notifications from Boxcar and the only way I receive them is if I press the home button to turn on the lockscreen. The wifi icon at the top turns on for a brief second, turns off, then turns back on again, and I receive my notification.

It turns out that if I change my wifi settings to static IP rather than DHCP, the connection will actually stay alive - persistent wifi! My pushes come in right away. This sounds great, but this leads into my second wifi problem.

If I leave the house and try to connect to another network, my touch will retain the same static IP settings of my home router. Since other routers use different DHCP configurations, most of the time my settings are incompatible and I cannot connect. Anyone else experience this problem? Of course I could use DHCP instead of static but then I don't get persistent wifi.

I've reset my network settings - nothing. I did a clean restore yesterday - still not fixed. I've even tried on an older router and the problem still remained.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  2. multitouchfansfan

multitouchfansfan New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    there are many problems with ios 4 wifi
    like mine is that wifi turns off and back on every 1 minute
    but yours sounds terrible