2G Touch stuck on lock screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Lakewell, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Lakewell

Lakewell New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My Untethered Jailbroken Ipod Touch 2g somehow is stuck on the lock screen. It doesn't respond to me swiping to unlock, the battery is stuck on the same level, the screen stays on unless I press the power button. It will sync to Itunes, and if I click the home button twice the play controls will pop up. This is weird because I don't have to quickly double click, it will remember the clicks. So I can click once, and then a few seconds later click again and it will read it as a double click and pop up the play controls.

Anyone have any idea what to do here? The only thing I can think of is to leave it on and wait for it to run out of batteries. I've of course tried to turn it off, but no dice.
  2. K9rosie

K9rosie New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Restore.
  3. Deadhead

Deadhead New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Force reboot by holding home and power untill you see the boot logo appear.
  4. Lakewell

Lakewell New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm trying not to do a restore since I'll have reinstall a bunch of apps. When I applied the newest jailbreak I performed a backup, but when I restored the earliest backup available was from February, which was before I initially did the tethered jailbreak.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Thanks deadhead. I thought the only option was to go to DFU mode, but I forgot you could force a reboot. Many thx.
  5. Deadhead

Deadhead New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    No problem. I too have been in your shoes before I was aware of this little trick. Too many restores under my belt to even think about. That's how some of us learn though (the hard way) LOL.