2g Touch dock pinout different?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by caffine, May 19, 2009.

1. caffine

caffine New Member

I lost my apple issued cable, so I went to target and bought the blekin charger pack that had a wall charger and a car charger. The only thing was, I couldn't sync over the cable. the headphones would also go dead when I plugged the charger into my ipod. if i unplugged and pluged the headphones back in, the sound came back.
    I returned this one and got annother belkin wall charger with usb cable that said it was specifically compatible with the 2g Touch. it wasnt and I had the same problems.
    Now, I bought the apple cable and everything works fine. What the hell is up with that? did apple change the pinouts? The funny thing was, the people at Radio Shack told me it would work after I blew the dust out of the dock connector, but it didn't.
  2. Stuartdwn

Stuartdwn New Member

are you even asking a question here?
    just get your money back and use the apple one
  3. Spool

Spool New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have the Belkin wall/car charger that you describe. Mine charges and syncs my 2g just fine. It does mute the speaker and the headphones like you say. I always just assumed it was for docks that get the audio from the 30 pin connector port.