2G Touch Dock (home a/v)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SourDieseL, Feb 10, 2009.

1. SourDieseL

SourDieseL New Member

So yea, I'm new here and believe me, I searched. Also, tried some of the links that auto-populate under the new post title. And if my efforts were not enough, I apologize in advance!

I'm looking for an A/V dock for my 2G Touch that I can hook up to my home theater, preferably with a remote control. I've seen some from iLuv, Keyspan, ION iDock, and the "oem" Apple dock. Now I really don't know much about these and some can get pricey (keyspan 150+) so I was wondering what if any one is doing to dock a 2G Touch to their home theater system?

I like the idea of on screen navigation (my TV) as well as audio out to my sur. sound. So does anyone have any hands on experience with any of these units? Any recommendations for a/v docks?

Appreciate it in advance!
    -SD
  2. BJiPodJB

BJiPodJB New Member

i dont think they have any yet im not 100% sure so do quote me .
  3. lostfan4

lostfan4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have no clue what you're talking about. :S
  4. steincj

steincj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't think any of the docks work quite right on the 2G. Even the ones that have audio outs don't work. The only thing that works (in my trials) is an iPod AV cable plugged into the back of one of these docks.

Not sure about the remote control docks . . . haven't tried one of them.
  5. masoco

masoco New Member

I'm sorry I can't help you, it sounds like a neat idea. I'd think that any video outputted to a TV would look terrible, though.
  6. SourDieseL

SourDieseL New Member

I understand, don't get me wrong I do not expect the video out to be anything but exceptional so for whatever reason that might pop up where I need to play a video file from my touch, I can most probably easily do with any other unit on in my home theater system. I do want the video out though to navigate the touch on my tv screen instead of standing next to the dock and viewing the touch menu through the touch glass.

Ideally, I'd like to just be able to select my media on my touch by viewing it on my tv (ie - selecting music, navigating to a pictures folder, etc). Media wise, I'd probably play video through ps3, 360, or dvd player.

Just some thoughts, but thanks for the replies thus far. Still hoping someone can shed some light as to how they have theirs set up to do such.

-SD