2G Touch Digitizer Problem (Extended warranty almost over!)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jumbo Jet, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Jumbo Jet

Jumbo Jet New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So I'm having problems after my second digitizer replacement through Wal-Mart (Yes, it's been replaced twice and I'm still having problems). My 2 year warranty is going to expire on September 19th!

So a quick summary of what has led up to this: My screen became loose after I sat on my iPod (in the side pocket of my pants

Please Register or Log in to view images

) and after that whenever I applied pressure to the screen in certain areas it would make a sort of very soft clicking sound. So I sent it in through Wal-Mart using my 2 year product protection plan warranty and the digitizer was replaced with a generic third party one (non Apple OEM). Soon after the replacement I noticed that the digitizer no longer sat flush with the chrome bezel - it would push into the opposite top and bottom corners. This new screen also scratched like crazy (definitely NOT the Apple original screen!) So once again I sent it in for repair, explaining the problem to the rep on the phone. I'd just received it back yesterday and again this time the digitizer has been replaced and it still does not sit flush with the bezel.

I don't know what to do now as my warranty is almost over and the screen pushing in is very annoying when using the the iPod. I'm guessing this is a problem perhaps with all digitizer replacements but I'm not sure. What I'd like to do at this point is claim a replacement for my iPod BUT if it is possible to have this fixed (perhaps the clips holding down the digitizer or something else inside also needs to be replaced) then I have no problem with that. I thought I would post here once for some advice before I call the Wal-Mart help line once more tomorrow to try to get a replacement. Here are two photos to explain what I mean:

These two opposite corners do not sit level as you can see...

2. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Take it to apple!
  3. Jumbo Jet

Jumbo Jet New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I don't think they will be of much help to me as my standard 1 year Apple warranty is long over! I bought this 2G Touch on September 19, 2008! Do you think they would still be able to replace it? I'm guessing they would charge a hefty amount though..

4. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Then maybe replace it yourself.
  5. Jumbo Jet

Jumbo Jet New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well, if all else fails and I am not able to get it replaced or repaired, then I might try a DIY repair... but first I need to find out what is causing the digitizer to sit uneven.
  6. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    It's not apple grade stuff...

If its not good stuff, bad stuff will happen...

stuff.
  7. Jumbo Jet

Jumbo Jet New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well that's very helpful..

Any other ideas? What I can tell the Wal-Mart rep to be able to get a replacement because I very much doubt that they will be able to do anything other than to replace the digitizer once again on this Touch which will not fix my problem!

I will try calling tomorrow though.
  8. TouchiPod

TouchiPod Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    tell walmart again, but tell them that its been replaced several times and that the problem still persists. convince them that a new ipod would be the best fix for the problem(if they even do that).
  9. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    take to walmart or apple
  10. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Say "Give me apple-grade stuff, or I will call the better business burro because of fraud."