2g to 3g Warranty replacment

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by oz72, Apr 13, 2010.

1. oz72

oz72 New Member

Hi I have bought a 32gig ipod touch off ebay 2g. I have checked the warranty on apple website and it says is up to May. If it developed a fault and I took it to an Apple store, would it be replaced with another 2g version or would it be replaced with the 3g? Has anyone had any experience doing this?

Thanks
  2. feelingleftout

feelingleftout Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    If I had to guess, I'd say you'd get a refurbished 2g if they had one, otherwise a 3g. I don't believe you can even buy 2g iPod touches from Apple anymore.
  3. oz72

oz72 New Member

Thanks for the reply. I bought the ipod from a forum, it was advertised as a 3g but when I checked the SN on the website it said that it had been bought in May which was before the 3g came out. When I picked it up I took it to the Apple store to check. They didn’t seem to know that there was there was a 2g/3g ipod touch and it took a few chaps to work it out. Eventually they said that it was the 2g version which I was gutted about. Would really like a 3g version, as it will have more features when os 4 comes out. I'm deliberating if I should let it develop a fault and see if it will be replaced by a 3g, I guess the worst that could happen is it will be replaced by a 2g again... Hmmm decisions, decisions, what would anyone else do? Or has anyone else had their 2g replaced by a 3g?