2g to 3g firmware issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Joejoeman, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Joejoeman

Joejoeman New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok..
    I have a 3g Ipod touch.
    a while back before 3g 3.1.3 jailbreak was out for ipod I had downgraded to a 2g 3.1.2 firmware version. But now, when I restore or update, it stays at 2g. This is frustrating, because Im running IOS4 but cant get any of the extra features, because my ipod is recognized as a 2g.

I am running itunes 9.2, and would really appreciate some help here.
  2. Gatorsxrule

Gatorsxrule New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The 8gb has the same hardware as the 2G, therefore not getting some of the features on iOS4

Look at this screenshot from the apple store app

Please Register or Log in to view images

It is considered as a 2G because it does not have the updated hardware (Same as 2G)
  3. Joejoeman

Joejoeman New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok.. thanks. I just thought there might be a way to make itunes see my ipod as a 3g again, like it was when I got it.
  4. SeaJay

SeaJay New Member

Jailbreak it using redsn0w for ipod touch 2g and enable multitasking and whatever else you want in the P-lists.
  5. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If its an 8GB iPod bought after September last year, its technically still a 2G iPod but with a new bootrom. It takes 2G firmwares and so is crippled when it comes to iOS4.

You can't jailbreak it as of yet because the only jailbreak released is for MB models of the 8gb
  6. vishnu597

vishnu597 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Once a jailbreak comes out for the MC models (which I'm preaty sure all iPod touch 3g's are) use like redsnow or that jailbreak and enable the option of multitasking and Backgrounds. Its already available for MB models with redsnow 0.9.5 so yea wait patiently for an MC Jailbreak for 4.0 is all i can say at the moment.