2G Tethered: perils of leaving my ipod on

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by John7435, Feb 26, 2009.

1. John7435

John7435 Member

hey.
    i jailbroke my 2G the second day after Redsnow Lite was released.
    im not sure if this will happen to everyone, but i'm just notifying people of what happened to me
    i've left it on almost ALL the time since then. either plugging into the computer or wall charger at night.

problems:
    1) wifi won't work. it will constantly search for networks that i KNOW are there. it will only work if u reboot it and it finds the network. any other time it will not work for me..i just noticed this, i'm not sure long it has been happening.

2) no button response. I went to school yesterday and after class i pulled it from my pocket and it wouldn't turn on, so i said oh sh*t i turned it off

then i got home and plugged it in and the screen showed up where i left it, and while plugged in the buttons were only semi responsive..working every few times.

i have restored and the buttons work fine. i tried to jailbreak again and it freaked out and is not letting me restore, but hopefully i'll figure it out again.
    so once i restore again i will test wifi see if it works normally

i'll let u guys know. just a heads up
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    alright, so i tested the wifi and buttons

after restore, everything works perfectly. is it a jailbreak problem or stress problem?
  2. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hmm mines fine and i leave it on all night, maybe its something with it charging all night, doesnt make sense but you never know. i just leave mine undocked and uncharging at night, and its fine
  3. lehman310

lehman310 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Even before the jailbreak, I never turned my iPod off ever since it came out and I have no problems.
  4. iScorp

iScorp Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    After jailbreaking again and again, testing different GUIs, screwing up with SSH, etc. Anyway after each jailbreak I had to reset my wireless connection which fixed the WiFi problem. My iPod did see the connection but failed to connect, so maybe that solves your WiFi problem too.
    About the buttons not working search around on the forum for a bit, I've seen quite a few threads about it.