2G Speaker.....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kobrakai, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Kobrakai

Kobrakai New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hey everyone,

I have a problem with my speaker. For some reason it will only play sounds when the headphones are plugged in but I cant hear anything when I unplug them. I already reset all settings and I dont want to restore all the way, So I was wondering ifanyone could help me. Also when I unplug the headphones and use the side volume buttons it says the headphones on it.
  2. reaper2012

reaper2012 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Same problem here as well. Just got a new one from the apple store yesterday because my iPod of three months decided it didn't want to turn on anymore. And now having this problem. Wonder if replacements are refurbished? is there a mute function that we're missing?
  3. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a refurbished 2G and it works fine. If you have already rebooted/restored, there is not much left you can do, so I think you need to try restoring. If that doesn't work, it's probably a hardware fault, and needs replaced.
  4. reaper2012

reaper2012 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanx for the info looks like another trip to the apple store.
  5. Kobrakai

Kobrakai New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I already rebooted and restored all the way. I even upgraded to 3.0 to see if that would work. Looks like I need to Make a trip to the apple store. By any chance does Anyone know how much it would cost to fix.
  6. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If none of those things worked (Rebooting, restoring, upgrading) Then it is definitely a hardware fault, and you need to take it to apple to be fixed.