2G Problem with Hidden Networks

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 2wiSteD, Feb 20, 2009.

1. 2wiSteD

2wiSteD New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I understand 2G 'Touches, and even other Mac devices have problems with hidden SSIDs in WiFi networks. My question is: Has anyone found a solution?

I have two WiFi networks where I work, and they're both hidden. One is secured ('WPATubez') and one is unsecured ('TehTubez'). I can connect to both easily, but as soon as the iPod locks, or goes to sleep, the network is dropped and never reconnects on wake.

Is there an app that can solve this? I would get WiFinder, but as you all know, it's been dropped. (PS - My girlfriend has the app on her iPod, and I have the .app file out of her iTunes. How do I go about importing it to my iTunes?)

Thanks.
  2. grahmi1

grahmi1 New Member

I have the same problem. I called Apple support and they claimed that the ipod touch should not have this problem, but it obviously does. The software seems to look only for the network name, not other credentials, so it obviously can't find the network once it's dropped. My laptop does not have the same problem, so it's obviously not something that should be an issue. Apple should fix this in the next firmware update, but I have no confidence Apple Support will pass on the note into the development cycle because they insisted it wasn't an issue...