2g jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by swanmark, Jan 25, 2009.

1. swanmark

swanmark New Member

Hi guys, this is my first post, I am a complete newbie to the ipod touch, but i already know its the best thing since sliced bread, i have one question, and no doubt it has been asked before, i know what jailbreaking is, but can someone tell me what the point of it is, are there many applications games or programs out there for the touch, i am only asking because if its worth doing then do it i will, many thanks in advance.
  2. orange.7

orange.7 Member

The main reason that people jailbreak, is to cutomize their ipod touch, E.G. with custom backgrounds, icons, music player themes, etc.
  3. 700 Sportsman

700 Sportsman New Member

Ok it would be great if you would search before you post
    I'll go easy, but others won't
  4. Make It sn0w

Make It sn0w Banned

Complete customization, playstation NES and gameboy emulators, third party apps that apple wouldn't allow in the app store, cydia is what you use to download it all, and cracked apps which are illegal so don't do it. There's much much more then that too, so once redsn0w, the jailbreaking system for the 2g, comes out, do it.
  5. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2108
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107012
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46238&page=271
    And five icon dock are just some of the things you can download through cydia.
  6. Guegs

Guegs Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This is what I wrote in Yahoo Answers, so instead of writing it out again, I will just copy and paste it.

How isn't there any point to not jailbreak it? Except for the fact that at the moment the 2g is currently un jail-breakable and a reason for jail breaking would be to customize. Also there are tons of Apps that get rejected by the App Store (linux) and lots that started out as jail-broken apps (Tap Tap Revenge). And at the people who say that it violates your warranty, this is true, but if something does go wrong with your touch, you can restore it to "GET" your warranty back. Some other things that you can get in the jailbreak that you can't in the App Store is emulators. These allow you to play GameBoy Advance, Playstation 1 games, and others on your iPod. All the things that I listed are only available on the 1g at the moment, because the 2g is un-jail breakable, but all of those and some much more will be available on the 2g once it is jail broken.