2G Jailbreak Questions...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xpiredcoupon, Feb 9, 2009.

1. xpiredcoupon

xpiredcoupon New Member

Just want to start off by saying that this website is very informative for all my ipod touch needs. I usually start here if I have a question/concern with decisions I make with my 2G.

My question(s) is in regards to jailbreaking my 2G. I am in no way concerned about bricking it after reading many posts about how it is nearly impossible to brick it and I have successfully installed custom firmware on a 1/2 dozen PSPs. If I go ahead and jailbreak, would all my applications that I have purchased and DL'ed need to be re-DL'ed with Cydia or are they safe as is? Also, all new apps that keep popping up everyday in the appStore, can I still DL them through the appStore or are they readily available in Cydia to be DL'ed?

I just dont want to be put on a waiting list essentially if I have to wait for Cydia to come up with it's own version of an app that I would want.

If any of these questions are newbish I appologize in advance.

Thanks guys,

Scott
  2. eladc

eladc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Your saved applications should be saved in your iTunes folder (Mobile Application folder).
    And yes, you can still download the new applications that are popping up in the application store.
  3. xpiredcoupon

xpiredcoupon New Member

thanks eladc

are most/all? apps readily available in Cydia that are available in the appStore?

is Cydia selective (right choice of words?) with the apps that get placed there?
  4. StaticFX

StaticFX New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    No Cydia is different
    Cydia is for apps that Apple has not approved...(for JB'd iPods)
    So you have to use both.

FYI: After JB'ing.. DO NOT RESTORE in iTunes... select your items and sync.
    Restoring screws it up! (found that out the hard way lol)
  5. xpiredcoupon

xpiredcoupon New Member

haha thanks man

so if I want a specific app that is sold in the appStore I would have to pay for it

gotcha

thanks for your help guys
  6. tracershot899

tracershot899 New Member

Jailbreaking rocks. There were no regrets after I did it. Bunch of apps, you can mess with it a lot more than before, and 1clickboot program makes it really easy to boot up again if you have to. I have only had to do it once since I jailbroke mine last week. Good luck to ya and have fun with it. It's definitly worth it.