2g itouch nonresponsive, please help tried everything

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by speed demn32, Nov 19, 2009.

1. speed demn32

speed demn32 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys, I really need help, I was jailbreaking an itouch when it just froze up so I unplugged it(which was probably very bad) but anyways, I've been tryig to restore it and it freezes at restoring iPod firmware. The iPod is also unresponsive to anything I do to the buttons and screen, even when it's plugged in. I'm probably just going to send it into apple because I am still within the warranty. I was just wondering if there is anything I should try before sending it to apple. Also if the restore goes all the way up intill restoring iPod firmware, can apple find out I jailbroke the iPod.
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Use the link in my sig to get into recovery mode, or search on how to get in DFU mode.
  3. speed demn32

speed demn32 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I try going into dfu mode and nothing is happening. Dfu mode is where you hold both buttons for like ten seconds, then let go of the sleep button but not the home button, right?
  4. Childofgod

Childofgod New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes it is. Try using blackra1n again and the DFU restore if it doesnt work.

If it still doesnt work, take it in to apple if you jailbroken when they boot it i feel sorry for you but im nearly 100% sure its too far gone unless they manually add a firmware which is good.
  5. speed demn32

speed demn32 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    alright, thanks, im probably going to go to the apple store this weekend and im going to see what they will do. im really hoping they arent gonna be able to boot it at all and i can just get a new itouch