2g Itouch Jailbroken won't sync on itunes 8.2?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by VTsteez243, Jun 18, 2009.

1. VTsteez243

VTsteez243 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hey, kinda pissed cuz my 2g Itouch jailbroken with 2.1 or whatever firmware won't sync now when I updated to 8.2 itunes. The messed up apart is that it would snyc after I installed it but once I restarted my computer later on then it wouldn't sync. I did the diagnostics and says it doesn't even recognize the Itouch even being plugged in. Doesn't even make the charm noise either. I thought it was ok to upgrade to 8.2 itunes with a jailbroken 2.1 firmware but I might be wrong. I tried DFU mode and everything, any ideas what I can do to have it sync again? THANKS
  2. Black_Raven546

Black_Raven546 New Member

should of keept up to date on the info of the update, your pretty much screwed, apple changes how the drivers work, and how it connects to the ipod, thats why you cant sync
  3. Retro349

Retro349 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Take out your iTouch and put in your iPod touch. That should fix it.

But seriously, make sure that your cable is plugged in completely. Put it in and out a couple of times (no sex jokes, please) to make sure that it is connected. If that doesn't work try a different USB port, or a different cable. Most of the time that's the problem, you think it's a driver issue or something complex but really it's something simple. I synced fine with my jailbroken 2G. If you still can't sync try Windows / Apple Software update and reinstall iTunes. If you STILL can't sync try using it with a different computer, iTunes version, or both.

If you still can't sync, you're screwed.

I hope I helped!
  4. StaticFX

StaticFX New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    downgrade to 8.1.1 - there is a sticky on how to do it.
  5. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  6. Dynamite2014

Dynamite2014 New Member

please do not call the ipod touch an Itouch as you would not call the ipod nano and Inano. or the ipod classic an Iclassic