2G is Most Powerful

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by a9205, Nov 25, 2008.

1. a9205

a9205 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Apple appears to have upped the processing speed of the iPod Touch in order to help it go after the portable-game market.
    Touch Arcade reports that the applications processor inside the second-generation iPod Touch unveiled in September is actually running faster than the processor inside the iPhone 3G, which runs at the same speed that the original iPhone and iPod Touch used. The new iPod Touch's ARM-based processor is running at 532MHz, while the iPhone 3G's processor runs at 412MHz.
    A game developer interviewed by Touch Arcade noticed a huge difference in 3D-rendering speed as a result of the speed bump. As we remember fondly from our "megahertz madness" days of the Intel-AMD competition in the PC, processor speed is not the only measure of performance, but it is an important one.
    With the arrival of the App Store, Apple has been marketing the latest iPod Touch as a gaming device in its latest round of commercials, almost completely ignoring the fact that it's a music and video player as well.
    It seems that Apple has room to boost the clock speed of the processor to 620MHz, according to ARM's specifications, but that requires striking a balance between performance and battery life.

cnet.com
  2. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  3. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

Why are you even browsing the 2G forums then?
    Yeah, it's superior in the aspect that it's a phone, and that it can make calls and get internet anywhere. The touch isn't a phone. They're two different devices.

EDIT: I'm editing this post because I'm not interested in starting a flame war. Making a new post is pointless. I just wanted to clarify that I meant "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it." Obviously coming into a 2G iPod touch forum and calling it inferior to another device is only going to result in arguments and hostility. That is all.
  4. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

wow,

this is like the 4th thread on this..
  5. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I was pointing out to him that its been posted already. I was browsing the 2G section looking to see how the 2G jailbreak is going. Out of curiosity. Am I not allowed to post here? I didn't see that in the rules.
  6. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Should be able to set the Processor speed?
  7. kixphlat

kixphlat Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    2G can't be jailbroken =)
    How is that powerful?