2G iPod Touch WiFi works everywhere by at my In-Law's house

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by barrance, Jan 8, 2009.

1. barrance

barrance New Member

So I've read through most of the "WiFi problems" threads and everything else out on Google and I have yet to find a problem similar to mine.

I have a 2G 16gb iPod Touch on firmware 2.2. I've had the Wifi set up at home since day 1 with no problems. I can connect at Starbucks, Panera, etc... The only place that I can't connect is my In-Law's house.

They have a Belkin wireless router (sorry, I don't know the model #) which I set up for them with 128bit WEP encryption. Using the 26 digit passkey, I can connect their laptop, my laptop, cell phone, etc... but not my iPod. When I turn on WiFi, their signal is detected, and when I select it, I'm prompted to enter the passkey. After entering the key and hitting "join", it always tells me that the password is incorrect. Keep in mind, this is the same passkey that I used to connect the other items. I've tried CAPS, no CAPS, some CAPS, resetting the iPod, resetting the router, changing the passkey, manually entering the network name... basically everything I can think of. I know that it can connect to the router because if I turn off the encryption, it works.

Does anybody have a clue what the problem is?
  2. Dattu

Dattu New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I use a 64 character key and the iPod handles it just fine.
  3. MarcoPwnZ

MarcoPwnZ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    try setting the router without a pass... if u can join it without a pass... then maybe u typed the pass wrong or something... lol im not good with this stuff but i think u shuld try to connect to it without a pass first
  4. ispyt2

ispyt2 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am using a 63 character key with WPA-PSK TKIP on a Belkin F5D7230-4 router.
  5. .xLr8™

.xLr8™ New Member

Holy $&*#&
  6. barrance

barrance New Member

Well, I know it works with 26 key because I use 26 at home. It's bugging the heck out of me. Today, I brought my work laptop over to get some work done and I punched in the key and it worked fine so I know I did not copy it wrong.
  7. ipodtouchpwnd69

ipodtouchpwnd69 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    my only suggestions is to completely restore your ipod. AKA go into DFU mode and then SHIFT+RESTORE in itunes. Or just buy a new cheap router.
  8. kentwang

kentwang New Member

That sound like my problem, only my home is not working, but it work anywhere ok.
  9. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Why would you guys bump this old thread. Use mac filtering in the router configure screen.
  10. lickwidsnake

lickwidsnake New Member

I just got my 2nd gen iPod touch and I cannot connect to my wireless network.

Firmware Version 2.2.1 (5H11a)
    Router: Linksys WRT54GS Wireless G Router v.5, Firmware 1.52.6 (April 2009)
    Verified that MAC address for iPod touch is in MAC Address Filtering Table
    Security Type: WPA2 Personal (TKIP + AES)

I have verified the key many times. I have 3 laptops that can connect to my wireless network perfectly
    I have verified that I have entered the key correctly on my device
    I have verified that WiFi is turned ON my iPod touch
    I have tried to manually enter in my network name and chose WPA2 Personal as security setting
    I have tried using WEP encryption, does not connect
    I have taken off ALL security on my Linksys router, unplugged my Linksys router and DSL modem, waited for 60 seconds and powered it back on, still cannot connect
    I have reset to default network settings on my iPod touch each time I made any security changes to my router
    Was able to connect successfully at my brother's house. He uses WEP and also have a Linksys Router, though I do not know the exact model