2g iPod touch recognized As apple camera

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by krdan4th, Jan 11, 2009.

1. krdan4th

krdan4th New Member

Alright my iPod touch 2g is commimg up as an apple camera. Also I can't copy any pics to my iPod. Is this normal or is there a way to fix it I read that this happens because the iPod uses flash memory and that's why (horrible explanation) and I am pretty sure, that shouldn't be a problem scince flash drives can store data. And I am running vista home. And convirted some adobe illustrator files to JPEGs if I remembr correctly. I searched a few threads and couldn't find too much help, if I missed one please direct me to one or direct me to some help that would be awsome thanks all.
  2. Armageda

Armageda New Member

Yes, it sure is normal.
    Apple designed it that way so the only thing you can pull off of the device are the pics stored in it.
  3. angelzz

angelzz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    its because you have some pictures inside your ipod so it was recognized as a camera device.

you can copy your pics through itunes, tick the folder you'd like to copy and then just sync it.

as far as i know, you cant drag and drop, copy and paste, your files to ipod.
  4. Armageda

Armageda New Member

You can't drag and drop files to your iPod, but there's a little program on the AppStore called Discover, which allows you to upload things to your iPod via WiFi, so your iPod acts like a storage device...
  5. angelzz

angelzz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes, you can send files through wi-fi
    lots of applications can be used, files, air sharing etc.

i dont have wi-fi though.. so i dont use that kind of apps

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You can use discover even without wifi to transfer.
    How?
    Ipod: Download discover on your iPod.
    Pc: download, install and run touchcopy. Plug your iPod and from there you can access a part of your iPods flash memory. Then you can open whatever you have copied to your iPod using discover.