2g iPod Touch not turning on!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Valimen, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Valimen

Valimen New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Alright so I was just using my iTouch like normal and then I opened and app and that I guess caused it to freeze, so I tried going home. Didn't work. Tried to turn the iPod off. Didn't work. Alright so I just held the power button, then both the power and home and then the home and finally, it turned off. But then I when I tried to turn it back on by doing the same thing (Holding home and home and all that) it did not work. So I tried connecting it to my computer and trying the DFU again and again but no luck,iTunes does not even recognize it so I cant really restore it. Any help???

Its an 2g iTouch A1288 model.
  2. TearsOfFire

TearsOfFire New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Check the litmus paper in the headphone jack to see if it has changed colour (not white)
  3. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    DFU mode on a different computer.
  4. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    He didn't drop it in water.
  5. rrroach

rrroach Well-Known Member

true H20 doesn't change the color of litmus paper...
  6. Valimen

Valimen New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No I didn't drop it in water. And no its not even orange like it would be if i had.

Can anyone help me? I can't DFU in other computer because the ipod does not respond.

I think I may have actually bricked this one...

Please Register or Log in to view images

But I don't get how I did, I didn't even do anything bad to it, I just turned it off by DFU.
  7. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If you DFU you won't see that it's in DFU. The screen will be Blank. Just try it. DFU always works.
  8. Valimen

Valimen New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    But it won't do anything. My itouch right now its plugged in. I've been doing the holding lock, then lock and home and then home technique WHILE its connected, but still the ipod does not do anything and my computer still does not recognize any device as being connected.
    Right now my iTouch screen is just off, and it has not changed ever since it froze on me.
  9. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Try on another PC, or another USB Hub. DFU always works unless you fried your hardware.
  10. Valimen

Valimen New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I did try other USB hubs. Still didn't work. Right now im trying to re-install iTunes to see if maybe something might have gotten deleted or idk just to try something. And I can't get on another computer right now but I will try that tomorrow morning see if that works. I don't think I fried my hardware because nothing really that bad happened. It was just a normal freeze that has happened to me before.