2G iPod Touch, broken volume toggle...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ace2525, Dec 13, 2009.

1. ace2525

ace2525 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So I purchased a 2G iPod Touch from the Apple store in London, England 9 months ago and still have the receipt. Recently, the volume toggle broke and will only turn the volume up, not down. Will Apple replace/repair my device here in the United States under the 1 year warranty?

Thanks,
    Nick
  2. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    i got mine replaced for a broken lock button. so maybe they will replace it for a broken volume toggle. cant hurt to try.
  3. ace2525

ace2525 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm not doubting that Apple will replace my iPod Touch for the broken toggle, I'm just wondering if they will have an issue with the fact that I bought it in another country, although from an official Apple store...
  4. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I had the exact same issue.

Took it in to the Apple Store, did a few checks for water damage, etc. then gave me a new one, simple as that.
  5. ace2525

ace2525 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Same issue? You purchased one out of the country and got it replaced in the States?
  6. GeorgeJQ

GeorgeJQ Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i dont think they'll care... as long as u got it from an official apple store
  7. BoomBox-Creations

BoomBox-Creations Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if you still have the reciept and planning on getting it repaired at an apple store, they shouldnt care much.

I brought my iPod 2G from a US apple store in CA (or whatever California actually is) and needed a repair in Melbourne in Australia, everything worked fine. Showed the reciept and viola. Although, that was about a month after i brought it...