2G iPod Touch and Pioneer CD reciever

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by IhabX7, Dec 9, 2008.

1. IhabX7

IhabX7 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hello people.

I want to play iPod Touch 2G audio through my car. I know Pioneer CD recievers are supposed to be "iPod ready" with a CD-IU50 cable. Have anyone tried it? Will this work with the 2G Touch? Will it charge it, will it play the audio in the video files?

This could be the wrong forum but I get this message "Sorry, the wiki is disabled due to high load. Back to the previous page." When trying to go to the accessories forum.

Many thanks.
  2. IhabX7

IhabX7 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Anyone can shed light on this?
  3. IxI Dan IxI

IxI Dan IxI New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, you just have to get the adapter, and it plugs in. I have a Pioneer Unit, and I did it. The adapter cable cost me around 40 dollars i think, not quite sure, its been awhile.

Does it charge, no, Well mine doesn't charge anyways, because I did not buy the adapter for the 2g yet.

-Direct connect to a pioneer
    -Sounds really really good
    -The only bad things are.......... you have to search songs on the deck, and if you have 2,000 songs, you are gonna be turning that wheel for 10 mins looking for a song. the pioneer deck doesn't remember where you left off, you have to search from the beginning each and everytime.

IT CAN BE DONE!!!! But Pioneer probably isnt the greatest unit for finding your favorite songs, easily.