2g internal speaker+mic?

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by ryan5rdx, Feb 25, 2009.

1. ryan5rdx

ryan5rdx New Member

Just an idea, but would it be possible to use the ipod touch 2g's internal speaker and use a mic? So you would be able to hear your call through the internal speaker, and then plug and mic into the port so you would be able to talk. I know that when you plug something in it kills the speaker, but couldn't you use an app to stop that? If it was possible we would be able to use any mic.
  2. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I don't know why you posted this twice, but no, that's not possible as of yet, unfortunately. I was hoping something like that too.

Although another option is to buy a mic that connects to the dock of the iPod, rather than the headphone jack; there are many out there. Then it would act like an iPhone. However, these can go up to $50; you can't get one for $10.
  3. ryan5rdx

ryan5rdx New Member

Sorry for posting it twice, i thought that I posted it in the wrong place, and I don't know how to delete a thread (sorry!) )= someone should make one, I don't know how to make software, but Wouldn't something as simple as enabling both the headphone jack(for mic) and the internal speaker not be a problem to code?
  4. iDexter

iDexter New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    same here

i have this problem to i bought thumbtack microphone and now i was wondering if i could find a mini speaker that plug into dock adapter or if there is a kind of headphone doubler i could findand use both at same time
  5. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yes, it is possible. My sister uses the Belkin Tunetalk stereo mic, which was made for the iPod video. It works with the iPod touch, but it covers the headphone jack. This makes it useless to use with Skype or anything on the 1G, but on the 2G the speakers do in fact work.
  6. TooGoodAtCOD4

TooGoodAtCOD4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    (Yes, I know this is an old thread buuut I didn't want to make a completely new thread after searching and finding this very similar topic)

I just bought a SwitchEasy Thumbtack mic for my ipt2g and was wondering now since there have been many updates etc if I can use the thumbtack mic in my ipt2g and make a call using Fring and use the internal speaker as audio out? I think theoretically it is very possible. I guess I will have to try it to find out...... unless anyone here has done it or knows someone who has done it?? Thanks!
  7. EBOBO

EBOBO New Member

I do not believe that will work.
  8. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well, you already bought it, so what can I say? I think it will work as a mic, but since it covers the headphone jack I doubt you'll be able to make skype calls. But if you obtain headphones with a mic built it it will work.
  9. TooGoodAtCOD4

TooGoodAtCOD4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What backs your opinion?

@wearmaize haha true; however, I believe it will work making skype calls because plugging into the headphone jack makes it useful as a mic, yes. But when you make a test call on Fring, the sound comes out of the internal speaker....

Idk, either way, I can use it for Shazam.
  10. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Sorry to ruin your day, but when I tried to download Shazam on the iPod it wouldn't work (app works on iPhone only). Maybe it's changed, but I had to sync it from a computer.