2G Highs and Lows

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Recon, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Recon

Recon New Member

Ok i've had my 2g for a few weeks now and i love it so much i can not put it down, and fcuk i love that i can use Skype with it, Amazing! ........but......i'm also really pissed with it too!

The internet and especially the Appstore are so slow on the 2g, i know it's not my internet because i've run it along side my 1g, and the 1g is so much faster!
    I've tried all the tips but nothing works.

Apple need to update and update fast!

Also, Apple seriously need to sort the Appstore out it's a mess!!!
    Apps with the purchase button missing seems like it's because it thinks it's not compatible with the Touch and that it's an app compatible for the iPhone only, even though the App description says that it is compatible with the 2g. (usually this is apps that need a mic but the app description clearly says it's compatible with 2g and mic).

They have just updated the appstore so that it does not load all apps in a certain categorie and instead shows the first 25 and ask's if you want to load the next 25, but after doing this 3 or 4 times the option dissapears and leaves you trying to work out how you browse through the next 300 apps!

Certain apps for example 'istethoscope', even though in my application libary on iTunes will not sync to my 2g.

Don't get me wrong i think this device is a fantastic achievement by Apple and i love the thing, but they need to listen to the customers who have forked out a lot of money on the 2g, and are having major issues with wifi connections.
    They haven't even acknowledged that there is an issue! never mind if an update is on the way!

Apple also need to be clear what the 2g is capable of, yes i know they like to keep it fun and under raps, but they go to far with it.... bluetooth will you allow it or not? the hardware IS there what's the problem?

My 1g was jailbroken but when the Appstore became available i updated, but i think *when* the jailbreak comes to the 2g i might be tempted along with many others!

Rant over!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. a9205

a9205 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    2.2 maybe what you need
  3. calebk

calebk New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    2.2 isn't out yet, is it?

I have had the new ipod touch for a few days now and it's great although i am finding some small errors like the other posts which are a bit annoying!
  4. SkillsToShow

SkillsToShow New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hopefully 2.2 fixes the wifi issues and has push

5. calebk

calebk New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  6. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Im prettty pumped for 2.2, over the air podcasts and bug/UI fixes. SICK!
    Next is wireless syncing

7. Qartin

Qartin Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yea they need to release something to fix this. I notice my friend with 1g ipod touch can connect sometimes to wifi and i cant. I thought the wifi was enhanced in the 2g? Also, the internet is slow sometimes.

Plus sometimes it freezes, and push doesnt work.

And is the new 2g ipod touch capable of bluetooth? That would be sweet. Also they should make it so we can download files from the internet on the ipod touch.

When are they going to release a fix for all this, and i hope soon that it will get jailbroken.
  8. albin

albin New Member