2G/GMAIL DRIVE - Look here!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TeaLaGe, Jan 3, 2009.

1. TeaLaGe

TeaLaGe New Member

DISCLAIMER: I HAVE PICTURES TO SHOW THAT IM NOT LYING.

Hi, i'm new here, and i discovered something weird and cool by using the program called: GMAIL DRIVE. I was able to download stuff off my IPOD TOUCH 2G 8GIG. Well if anyone else discovered this already, sorry. (i think only pictures can be saved)

WARNING: YOU MUST HAVE A GMAIL ACCOUNT eg.. testinggame@gmail.com (go to google.com to sign up for one..)

Things that happened while i did this:

1. I was able to download pictures from my gmail to my ipod touch

2. When i hooked up my ipod touch after downloading something from gmail from the touch, my computer has "found a new hardware". Weird.. it acted like a iphone.. Same hardware perhaps? I have some pictures.

------

1).

To do this,

Step 1: first follow the instruction for gmail Drive

http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm

Step 2: On your itouch,

go to settings>mail,contracts,calendars> put in your account and password (you have to have a gmail account to do this) and have WIFI

Step 3: When you have finished the Gmail Drive instruction, you should have a folder either named "box" in your gmail account (check on the website on your computer by logging in to see if "Box" exists or check on your My computer)

Step 4: On your Itouch, go to MAIL, and at the bottom the folder "BOX" should appear on it.

Step 5: Now whenever you want to transfer pictures differently, just drag your pictures into the GMAIL DRIVE on your computer then use your ITOUCH to download it with the wifi. yayayaya..!

---------------------

2).

MY IPOD TOUCH HAS A SAVE PICTURE FUNCTION >>

Please Register or Log in to view images

This is what my touch 2g looked like on the computer after i downloaded a picture from the touch. (GMAIL DRIVE IS THERE TOO!)

RIGHTCLICKING PROPERTIES >>>

---------------------

well i hope this helps with some people

, i'm still looking for a way to download stuff off the safari on the touch, good luck to me? :O

Have fun everyone!
  2. Dattu

Dattu New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You can download pictures through Safari by holding your finger on a picture until a menu pops up asking if you want to save it.

It's easier to just transfer pictures using iTunes.
  3. TeaLaGe

TeaLaGe New Member

L m F A O.
  4. dancool999

dancool999 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hmm Interesting, Ill have to try this later.
  5. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    oh lol. tried it. it worked.
  6. snoopwong

snoopwong New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Why dont you just download it through safari, make life a lot easier. But thanks anyway
  7. Firebird94

Firebird94 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You can access gmail through safari or mail and then just save pictures through there, instead of having to go through the hassle of installing a new thing and all this sh*t. And plus. ipod is always picked up as a camera if you opne a picture program. (i.e iPhoto)
  8. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i also tried that but the pictures were like f***ing messed up. so i tried this one. and its cool (not gay)

9. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    See, if you weren't so anxious just to make a post to seem like you discovered something new, you wouldn't look so foolish.
    All of these "features" you "discovered" are stock features with the iPod and just about everybody knows about them.

When you have pictures on your iPod by either A) syncing photos to your iPod or B) taking a screen shot, thus being saved on your ipod, your iPod is then recognized as a camera when you next plug it in to your computer.

And it was always possible to save images from Safari.
  10. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    htfduk i was screwing my ass around this forum?

oh and bah duh wey, I did not say i CANT save pictures from safari. when i save pictures through safari they were like f***ed up because it was on realy low low quality. wanna see?