2G Case Compatibility?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pabalabalo, Jul 25, 2009.

1. pabalabalo

pabalabalo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Well I was hoping to upgrade to the iPod touch 3g when it is release but there is something I'm concerned about. I bought a Neotouch case a while back and hate to not to be able to use a $30 case and have to go buy a new one just to replace it again( even thought thats what I'm doing with my iPod, yes I know =P). So I was wondering, will the ipod touch 3g be compatible with 2g cases? I know in the transition from first to second gen the design of the ipod changed quite a bit, as it gained a more curved back. So do you think there will be another change in the design or will it keep the same general shape such as the iphone 3g to the iphone 3gs did?

Another thing was that if the rumors are true about the camera would anyone consider that an issue? I myself think I would rather dremel a hole into my case instead going out and getting another one.

Any ideas or theories?
  2. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

According to rumours the form factor won't change, though if the camera rumours are true I guess you could always drill a hole in the back

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. pabalabalo

pabalabalo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Yea that's what I'm hoping for. Although I kinda liked how it was just flat on the back of the first gen, didn't wobble so much but then again that's also due to my case... Maybe I'll just do a bit more of modification while I'm at it with the camera =D
  4. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well...it all depends and none of us know. it will most likely have a camera but you could drill a hole. when it comes out, ask the same question and im sure someone will be able to help you.
  5. deleted account 106

deleted account 106 Member

I'm saying there will be aesthectic changes for the iPod 3G. Therefore new cases.
  6. carfreak95

carfreak95 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    one question
    one answer
    eBay

i just got a bargain! i got a usb charger, car charger, and retractable usb cable for 2. 50 us $
    bargain eh?
    free shipping to!