2g 3.1.1 problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Shorty482, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Shorty482

Shorty482 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay, so I got an iPod touch just last week. Hooray. It was refurbished. I am now regretting that decision.

Here's my story starting from Saturday the 19th.
    19th: Upgraded to 3.1.1. No problems.
    20th: Shopping day. So I decide to bring my iPod touch along to keep me from being bored. (I'm 14 so I can't drive yet, so my mom is doing all the driving. On the Way there, my ipod just froze in the middle of playing music. So i turn it off by holding the power and home button for ten seconds. Then I turn it on to get the infinite boot logo. Later: So im in the store, and I decide to give it another shot. I turn it on and it works so I'm like Hooray! Later: It does the same thing again. and again. and again.
    21st: I get home from school to find that my ipod doesn't work. I tried restoring, but it came up with 1618 error. So here I am.

What should I do? I'm fed up and pissed off so I'm thinking of just returning.

Thanks.
  2. Keyone

Keyone New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    When you said you restore, did you use the "Connect to iTunes" (USB image on Touch) or did you go into DFU mode?
  3. Shorty482

Shorty482 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well it was just blank, so i went into DFU mode and hit restore. It said failed to restore.
  4. tamachanusko

tamachanusko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Return it. Get a brand new one.

Problems like these can't really be solved..

Please Register or Log in to view images

Good luck...