2g 16gig ipod touch 3.1.2 jailbreak SERIOUS PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by ender_wiggin, Nov 15, 2009.

1. ender_wiggin

ender_wiggin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have an iPT 2nd gen 16gig running 3.1.2, and blackra1n will NOT work for me.

I have tried killing ituneshelper.exe, turning off my wifi, killing itunes, rebooting after jailbreak, and pretty much any other fix out there. This sucks. I'm not new to jailbreaking and modding apple devices, and I have never had problems like this before.

While running blackra1n my ipod's screen doesnt show the geohot picture, but the normal "connect to itunes" picture. After my ipod finally boots up (it takes like 15 minutes) there is no blackra1n icon on my springboard and my ipod hasnt changed at all.

If this is unfixable, could someone tell me how to downgrade to 3.1.1?

Thanks in advance.
  2. effectsdude79

effectsdude79 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    im not exactly sure how to fix that at the moment, but if you want to downgrade, plug your device into itunes and click restore while holding the shift button. then navigate to where your 3.1.1 or 3.0 IPSW is stored and hit ok.
  3. arithmatics

arithmatics Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    im quite sure at this concurrent moment in time apple has already blocked downgrading of devices. but if your luck prevails then it should be able to be done. if not then just restore and jailbreak properly and peacefully. you know when jailbreaking with a clouded mind can really affect the way your device is jailbroken. try yoga
  4. daniel9807

daniel9807 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hi m8 i have had the same prob. all i did was restore ipod in itunes to 3.1.2 firmware n then used blackra1in n it worked fine for me.
  5. Dynomitebeetle54

Dynomitebeetle54 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    all you have to do is hold home for 3 secs then power for 10 the release power and wait for it to pop up in itunes, then do an option restore , its the only way to downgrade as of right now