$272 for my new 32gb 2g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by emanuelme, Oct 21, 2008.

1. emanuelme

emanuelme New Member

Two reasons for upgrading.
    1. I need more storage.
    2. I practically always have wifi and fring w/ skype out for 2.99 a month is unbelievable.

Final price: 272.xx for a 32gb touch...

Heres how.

I went to live.com and did a search for cheap ipods. I clicked on the link to ebay which gives 30% off any purchases that use paypal and buy it now. iPod 32gb price on ebay was 388.xx. 30% off makes it appx 272.xx. Now, you must put up the 388 and you will receive a 30% credit to your paypal account. I'm not sure how long it takes, but i imagine 4-8 weeks, although possibly six months. So if you have the money, and time to wait for the refund, it's a great way to get the new touch at a great price.

-e
  2. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

If this works, I'll feel like an idiot, because I just paid full price for my 16gb.
  3. emanuelme

emanuelme New Member

Try it without actually purchasing. I did a filter on the ebay search do that it only displayed new ipod T's as well as Buy-It-Now... Find the cheapest one for the 2g and click buy-it-now... Make sure you use the live.com link to ebay. (You should see a message near the link that says "qualifying purchases get 30% off)... Dont actually confirm the purchase, but you will see on the checkout page before confirmation that you will get xx.xx back from live.com.... I know that it was 30% and then went to 20% and is now at 30%... so it may change back soon... If you can return your 16gb, i recommend it, cause this is slightly cheaper than the 16gb...

Also, I tried this for a higher ticket item and the refund amount is 30% up to 200... so if you need anything from ebay or electronics, you may want to try it for something else....

-e
  4. joshpowell

joshpowell New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I did this for my 2g 32gb... But the cashback was only at 20% at the time. Totals about $305 for mine once I get the cashback.

I did this a few months ago and got a lens for my camera

Please Register or Log in to view images

<3 live cashback
  5. Xyklok

Xyklok New Member

or simply wait for best buy to make an error on their website

6. mtitono

mtitono New Member

i cant search in ebay using this live.com? how to search in ebay? because it only show the shops online but not ebay
  7. emanuelme

emanuelme New Member

go to live.com... do a search for "cheap ipods" and you should see a link on the top to ebay

click that and voila... you can now search through ebay and get that discount. it may be 25% now... Make sure you get a buy-it-now and use paypal...
  8. glitchbit

glitchbit New Member

yep... this make me want to poo my paints I paid full price for the 16gb model....

The real irony of all this is that Microsoft is paying you money for buying an Apple product.... won't be surprised if they decline all of you peoples lol.

btw here is part of the agreement that says what you have to do

# eBay does not limit purchases eligible for Cashback Rewards by the purpose for which they are acquired (e.g., purchases acquired for resale). The Cashback Rewards that you are eligible to obtain from Microsoft will be disclosed to you on www.eBay.com and will be equal to a percentage of the final sale price of the first item purchased during an Online Session (excluding shipping and handling fees, insurance fees and other such fees), for up to a maximum of $200.00 per Online Session. Cashback Rewards will be available in your Program account to transfer to your PayPal account approximately sixty (60) days of the date on which you complete your purchase on eBay.com. You must have a PayPal account in order to receive Cashback Rewards for purchases on www.eBay.com. You may not redeem any Cashback Rewards until you have earned a total of $5.00 in Cashback Rewards;

# After your first Cashback-eligible purchase is completed, you must go to My Messages and look for an email from eBay with "cashback" in the subject line. Click the "Get Cashback" link or button in that email to set up a Program account with Microsoft by providing all information required by Microsoft (or, if you already have a Program account, log into your Program account in order to associate your eBay purchases with that account). You must set up a Program account with Microsoft in accordance with the Microsoft Program Terms to receive Cashback Rewards;

# You may receive Cashback Rewards for up to a maximum of twelve (12) Online Sessions per account on www.eBay.com. Once you have completed twelve (12) Online Sessions under any eBay.com account, you will no longer be eligible to receive Cashback Rewards for purchases made under such eBay.com account. ;
  9. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

How the hell did you get this deal?

Was the original price on the best buy website, and then once you can track your shipping, the actual price is that cheap?
  10. tylobedo

tylobedo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)

This is where i stopped reading because everything done throught live.com is a FAIL