24kpwn Slow Wake-up From Sleep

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by JoeCool999, Mar 21, 2009.

1. JoeCool999

JoeCool999 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi! I browsed the forum for a while recently and found out that many other users, like me, where having this strange bug that your ipod will lag for about 5-10 seconds when being waken up from sleep-mode. If i press and hold the power button, it will wake up immideately (you know which word i mean. ^^)

Also if you play music or such, it will also load directly. I found a pattern, though. That everybody who had this issue seemed to have gotten it after using a NOR-only restore to change the boot logos. Can this be true? I did this too, you see. And before i used an untethered version which didn't have this bug, so it's after the boot-logo change i got it.

Has anybody come up with a solution for this? Or WHY it does happen. Someone like Chronic, MuscleNerd or another scene-guy most likely understands what may have gone wrong in the process, which creates this bug. Other than the sleep-wake bug I have not noticed anything strange about the untethered jailbreak. Also for everybody claiming that the jailbreak drains battery life; I can tell you that mine has only gotten BETTER since i jailbroke.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Well. Thanks in regard if anybody comes up with a patch or something to fix this annoying wake-up bug.
  2. Night.Hawk

Night.Hawk Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    mine doesn't take 5-10 secs to wake up but i did notice a bit longer time for it to wake up, about 1 sec wait tops (noticeable longer)

also, the time it takes to hold down the power button and for the device to turn on is longer as well, noticeable about 2 seconds longer hold for me
  3. binaj

binaj Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    yep same problem

Please Register or Log in to view images

+ NOR bootlogo
  4. seanG

seanG Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Same thing with me.
  5. higuys

higuys Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah, same here. i noticed this last night.
  6. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's usually because of Winterboard or anything you put on Winterboard. For example, if you have a custom lock screen, it takes longer to load. Just my experience, not sure if this is 100% though.
  7. cjori

cjori New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I didn't have this with the tethered JB, now I have it with the untethered JB and I have the same apps.
  8. Munksyman325

Munksyman325 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have the same thing. I might do a full restore without a backup and see what happens.
  9. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

Same here. Do a full restore. Works now, and everything's back to normal.
  10. peddyt

peddyt New Member